Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I'd rather eat elephant feces than deal with getting swept
Bookmark and Share
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I'd rather eat elephant feces than deal with getting swept
"I'm Rick Jones, whiny b!tch"

Break out the kleenex, folks. It's "all the hits against us are seeing eye singles" Jones cranking up the sound bite machine again.

Quote:I know he was motivated for us to win, and at the expense of him being the MVP, he got slammed a little bit in his hometown paper this morning, so I know there was some incentive there too. I thought that was a real cheap shot to praise another guy and show up the kid from the home town in the process. That happen sometimes, and he certainly didn't deserve anything except positive things. He's the Conference USA Player of the Year because he had a great year. No disrespect to anyone else, but he should be chastised for having a great year.

Last time I checked, Tulane was still located in New Orleans, in spite of the flood of new residents who have moved from NO to Houston. If he wants to be considered the 'hometown kid', there are plenty of universities in Houston where he could have played ball. He chose differently, so he's not a Houstonian over the kids who actually live there now.

And the article didn't say Hamilton didn't have a great season. He did - he just didn't have a better season than several people who had better seasons than he did. And he was unjustifiably rewarded for this, which was the tone of the article, not to slam Hamilton's accomplishments.

Rick Jones needs to get his nose of the paper and get back to remedial kindergarten training.
05-27-2006 09:45 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Re: "I'm Rick Jones, whiny b!tch"
OwlJacket Wrote:Break out the kleenex, folks. It's "all the hits against us are seeing eye singles" Jones cranking up the sound bite machine again.

Quote:I know he was motivated for us to win, and at the expense of him being the MVP, he got slammed a little bit in his hometown paper this morning, so I know there was some incentive there too. I thought that was a real cheap shot to praise another guy and show up the kid from the home town in the process. That happen sometimes, and he certainly didn't deserve anything except positive things. He's the Conference USA Player of the Year because he had a great year. No disrespect to anyone else, but he should be chastised for having a great year.

Last time I checked, Tulane was still located in New Orleans, in spite of the flood of new residents who have moved from NO to Houston. If he wants to be considered the 'hometown kid', there are plenty of universities in Houston where he could have played ball. He chose differently, so he's not a Houstonian over the kids who actually live there now.

And the article didn't say Hamilton didn't have a great season. He did - he just didn't have a better season than several people who had better seasons than he did. And he was unjustifiably rewarded for this, which was the tone of the article, not to slam Hamilton's accomplishments.

Rick Jones needs to get his nose of the paper and get back to remedial kindergarten training.

Will you be showing a Rick Jones doll having lewd things done to him by the Owl mascot?
05-27-2006 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DrBox Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane

A disagreement re Dallas Baptist and criticizing a Houston newspaper for trashing his player = friction?
Rice is ONE private, not "the privates" anyway.
Dallas Baptist is in Texas...for all you know, Houton and Rice are thanking us for our vote.
Hamilton didn't vote himself MVP
I'm glad to hear the definition of a hometown player: we in N.O. won't have to hear the incessant plaudits given to the Mannings any more. Also didn't know that Rice doesn't recruit outside of Houston.
05-27-2006 11:18 AM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:

If Rick Jones is a whiny b!tch for saying that, what does that make you for starting this thread?
05-27-2006 01:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

OUGwave Wrote:If Rick Jones is a whiny b!tch for saying that, what does that make you for starting this thread?

Hey, just pointing out that I thought his lack of class last year was an anomaly, and evidently that's not the case.

It's a shame, since everybody else seems to represent your school so well.
05-27-2006 04:23 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:

OwlJacket Wrote:
OUGwave Wrote:If Rick Jones is a whiny b!tch for saying that, what does that make you for starting this thread?

Hey, just pointing out that I thought his lack of class last year was an anomaly, and evidently that's not the case.

It's a shame, since everybody else seems to represent your school so well.

whatever. This is kind of a lame thread, is all I'm saying. He's just sticking up for his player, which is part of his job. I really don't understand how it has anything to do with Rice University, Rice Baseball, or OwlJacket.
05-27-2006 06:10 PM
Advertisement

FastCat Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston!!!!

Hehe, if only UH and Rice could have swapped semi-final opponents, then Rice and Tulane could have settled this little "disagreement" on the field today...

;-)
05-27-2006 07:11 PM
Wavebacker Offline
All American

I Root For: Toolane.....

I agree. The thread reeks of sours grapes. I can understand you being upset your guy didnt win Player of the Year, but this response is like a whiny B!tch, upset over a snub. It's sad that we have to read about this and the apparent diss of Hamilton by his hometown paper. Hamilton may go to school at Tulane, but he's from Texas. One thing about class is being able to accept now winning with decency, grace and respect. Give the kid his due.
05-27-2006 07:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Wavebacker Wrote:It's sad that we have to read about this and the apparent diss of Hamilton by his hometown paper. Hamilton may go to school at Tulane, but he's from Texas. One thing about class is being able to accept now winning with decency, grace and respect. Give the kid his due.

Another thing about class is learning to admit that sometimes you're the benefit of lucky breaks and sometimes you just get beat by a better team.
Jones refuses to acknowledge either, which is kind of sad. And clearly he's having issues with going 1-7 against the Houston schools, and being the only school in the west who still plays baseball (and even one who doesn't) who has never reached a national championship game.

Had he been able to point to the statistics and say he clearly deserved POY over either of the Houston, Memphis, or Rice players, then this would be a moot point. Instead, he has to use a postgame press conference to grandstand and beg the paper to stop questioning the validity of the award because it hurts his guys feelings. Whenever an award is left up to the voters, there's going to be some debate and disagreement - that's part of the job. You know, if you aren't man enough to accept some criticism and debate, it would better to remove yourself from consideration from the award in the first place.

Enjoy your day off. You've earned it.
05-27-2006 07:38 PM
DrBox Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane

OwlJacket Wrote:[quote="Wavebacker"]

Had he been able to point to the statistics and say he clearly deserved POY over either of the Houston, Memphis, or Rice players, then this would be a moot point. Instead, he has to use a postgame press conference to grandstand and beg the paper to stop questioning the validity of the award because it hurts his guys feelings. Whenever an award is left up to the voters, there's going to be some debate and disagreement - that's part of the job. You know, if you aren't man enough to accept some criticism and debate, it would better to remove yourself from consideration from the award in the first place.

Enjoy your day off. You've earned it.
Yes, you've showed a high level of maturity.
Yes, we get the weekend off, but we'll play next week; I hope you enjoyed your 8 months off after we pinged you back to Houston last year.
05-27-2006 10:27 PM
GANG_GREEN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TULANE
OwlJacket Wrote:Break out the kleenex, folks. It's "all the hits against us are seeing eye singles" Jones cranking up the sound bite machine again.

Speaking of cry babies. 03-hissyfit

Obviously enough voters thought Hamilton deserved it over Friday.

Get over it chump.
05-27-2006 10:49 PM
Advertisement

Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
GANG_GREEN Wrote:Obviously enough voters thought Hamilton deserved it over Friday.

Wow. There's a blatantly obvious statement of the year. Congrats - you need to drink some hurricane water to help you figure that one out?
05-28-2006 12:43 AM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
GANG_GREEN Wrote:

Speaking of cry babies. 03-hissyfit

Obviously enough voters thought Hamilton deserved it over Friday.

Get over it chump.

Isn't gang green what you get when you have frostbite? I know it isn't spelled like that, but it is really funny that UAB fans say they are gang green.
05-28-2006 12:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

DrBox Wrote:Yes, we get the weekend off, but we'll play next week; I hope you enjoyed your 8 months off after we pinged you back to Houston last year.

Yeah, how did that trip to Omaha turn out for you that year? Your toss to the dugout this morning was strangely reminiscent of your performance at the CWS. Guess what - that play didn't really work last year either. You'd think Jones should be working on improving your fundamentals as opposed to reading the newspaper.

Good luck in making it to Omaha - I want to see what creative ways you can come up with for blowing a game this year.
05-28-2006 12:46 AM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:

OwlJacket Wrote:
DrBox Wrote:Yes, we get the weekend off, but we'll play next week; I hope you enjoyed your 8 months off after we pinged you back to Houston last year.

Yeah, how did that trip to Omaha turn out for you that year? Your toss to the dugout this morning was strangely reminiscent of your performance at the CWS. Guess what - that play didn't really work last year either. You'd think Jones should be working on improving your fundamentals as opposed to reading the newspaper.

Good luck in making it to Omaha - I want to see what creative ways you can come up with for blowing a game this year.

Dude.. What I don't get is... why all the bitterness? Your team is having a good year. Why do you care about us or have any hostility? It seems so uncalled for... I just don't get it.
05-28-2006 01:29 AM
GANG_GREEN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TULANE

OUGwave Wrote:
OwlJacket Wrote:

Dude.. What I don't get is... why all the bitterness? Your team is having a good year. Why do you care about us or have any hostility? It seems so uncalled for... I just don't get it.

Give Jacket a break, he has no life. This board is his only home. He chooses to on come here and stir things up rather than enjoying his teams ride. I kind of feel sorry for him.
05-28-2006 09:14 AM
Advertisement

Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

OUGwave Wrote:Dude.. What I don't get is... why all the bitterness? Your team is having a good year. Why do you care about us or have any hostility? It seems so uncalled for... I just don't get it.

Dude, I like Tulane and will be rooting for them to go (almost) all the way this year. I wouldn't mind seeing them in Atlanta, so if GT does their usual regional collapse, there's a great chance a CUSA team will move on to supers or Omaha.

What I don't like is the way that Rick Jones conducts his interviews - it seems like he's auditioning for a job in the SEC (Smoke Laval's replacement, anyone?). Here's another one of the wonderful soundbites from RJ's protege about the game yesterday:

Quote:When you are doing that, hitting spots, getting some calls here and getting some calls there and you are going to be tough.

Then maybe we hit a few balls in the gap and maybe it's a totally different game."

Dude, if UH gets a couple of calls here or there or hits a few balls in the gap, you get run-ruled. UH had more runs that you had baserunners. Flores owned you yesterday while throwing only his fastball, and it would have taken alot more that a couple of hits here or there to even make the game close, much less come out with a win.
05-28-2006 09:24 AM
eaglefan2999 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Why are Rice fans such pricks?
05-29-2006 04:01 PM
RiceDoc Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsFootball GeniusNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

eaglefan2999 Wrote:Why are Rice fans such pricks?

Why do you take the 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot of one Rice fan and generalize to say ALL Rice fans are sharp, pointy objects? I for one agree with OJ that Friday was robbed, but I can't blame Rick Jones for standing up for his player - I would have been disappointed in him if he hadn't!

BTW, in the remote chance that you haven't recognized it yet, OJ is almost incapable of posting without EXTREEEEMMMMEE Sarcasm! (He is also still looking for Kato's accomplice, but that's another story for another place - perhaps a white bronco.) :mysterymachine:
05-30-2006 07:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eaglefan2999 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

RiceDoc Wrote:
eaglefan2999 Wrote:Why are Rice fans such pricks?

Why do you take the 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot of one Rice fan and generalize to say ALL Rice fans are sharp, pointy objects? I for one agree with OJ that Friday was robbed, but I can't blame Rick Jones for standing up for his player - I would have been disappointed in him if he hadn't!

BTW, in the remote chance that you haven't recognized it yet, OJ is almost incapable of posting without EXTREEEEMMMMEE Sarcasm! (He is also still looking for Kato's accomplice, but that's another story for another place - perhaps a white bronco.) :mysterymachine:

It may only be one in this thread, but there are only about 5 actual Rice fans posting on this board. Combine his arrogance with that of Hambone's, uconnbaseball's, and optimistic owl's, and you see where I'm coming from.
05-31-2006 10:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.