Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA???????????????????
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
CUSA???????????????????
Maybe I am having a bad day, but I am sick of this Westward looking conference. Why in the world would we add Colorado College for women's soccer. It's just an idiotic move for any of the teams in the East.

I see more $$$$ flying out the window.
04-07-2006 01:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

do we even have a Womens socer team?

BTW a lot of conferences have odd affiliations when it gets to the lesser non-revenue sports.
04-07-2006 02:30 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

PirateTreasureNC Wrote:do we even have a Womens socer team?

BTW a lot of conferences have odd affiliations when it gets to the lesser non-revenue sports.

Yes we do have a women's soccer team!
04-07-2006 02:31 PM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

I Root For: East Carolina

PirateTreasureNC Wrote:do we even have a Womens socer team?

but what sense does it make to add an odd affiliation all the way in colorado? i know it seems that it's just a temporary move, but the lesser non-revenue sports are on tight budgets to begin with, so why have them travel even farther?

just my 2 cents
04-07-2006 02:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

Not that this will make much of a difference, but y'all do realize that Colorado College is closer to Greenville than UTEP, right?
04-07-2006 03:06 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

Lethemeul Wrote:Not that this will make much of a difference, but y'all do realize that Colorado College is closer to Greenville than UTEP, right?

By about 200 miles. Another problem I have with this conference.
04-07-2006 03:09 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Colorado Springs is pretty cheap and easy to get to by air as well, and it's a GREAT place to visit.
04-07-2006 03:11 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

Hambone10 Wrote:Colorado Springs is pretty cheap and easy to get to by air as well, and it's a GREAT place to visit.

Ahh, nowhere is easy to get to by air from Greenville except Charlotte.
04-07-2006 03:12 PM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

Hambone10 Wrote:Colorado Springs is pretty cheap and easy to get to by air as well, and it's a GREAT place to visit.

well, considering i travel to ALL away women's soccer games, color me happy!
04-07-2006 03:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

william146 Offline
Back in action...

Lethemeul Wrote:Not that this will make much of a difference, but y'all do realize that Colorado College is closer to Greenville than UTEP, right?

actually, i didn't know that. i wasn't too thrilled that we were going to be in the same conference with UTEP, either, though. if UTEP were closer, i'd say they were the best addition this conference couldn't asked for.
04-07-2006 03:16 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

GrayBeard Wrote:

Gotta disagree with you there Gray Beard. I live 1500 miles from Greenville and I can be there in 5hrs traveling from St. Thomas to Greenville so I never understood the argument that Greenville is hard to get to.
04-14-2006 07:09 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

ShoreBuc Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

Gotta disagree with you there Gray Beard. I live 1500 miles from Greenville and I can be there in 5hrs traveling from St. Thomas to Greenville so I never understood the argument that Greenville is hard to get to.

My point is that there is not many flights. What are there 5 in and 5 out on a daily basis? Where do they go? All to Charlotte? How many airlines? Did you know that the New Bern airport has more traffic than the Greenville airport?

You've got no jet service, and very limited flight service. You know how to get in there, but the average Tom, Dick, & Harry that likes to fly Delta, United, Southwest, etc. will think it sucks.
04-14-2006 08:15 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

GrayBeard Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

My point is that there is not many flights. What are there 5 in and 5 out on a daily basis? Where do they go? All to Charlotte? How many airlines? Did you know that the New Bern airport has more traffic than the Greenville airport?

You've got no jet service, and very limited flight service. You know how to get in there, but the average Tom, Dick, & Harry that likes to fly Delta, United, Southwest, etc. will think it sucks.

Well I can also fly into Kinston on Delta via jet service. I just hate going thru Atlanta and would rather have a 50 min turbo prop connection out of Charlotte to Greenville then a 90 min jet connection out of Atlanta.
We have had this discussion many times on other boards. Eastern NC needs to pick one spot and make that its regional jet port. I dont care if it is Kinston, Greenville, New Bern or a new location in between.
I considered Philadelphia my home airport when I lived on the Jersey Shore and it took me 50-60 minutes to drive to. Start at Greenville and go out 50-60 minutes and pick a spot. Good news is you would not have to drive that far. We just need to get all the good folks of Eastern NC on the same page and move the East forward.
04-14-2006 08:34 AM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

ShoreBuc Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

Well I can also fly into Kinston on Delta via jet service. I just hate going thru Atlanta and would rather have a 50 min turbo prop connection out of Charlotte to Greenville then a 90 min jet connection out of Atlanta.
We have had this discussion many times on other boards. Eastern NC needs to pick one spot and make that its regional jet port. I dont care if it is Kinston, Greenville, New Bern or a new location in between.
I considered Philadelphia my home airport when I lived on the Jersey Shore and it took me 50-60 minutes to drive to. Start at Greenville and go out 50-60 minutes and pick a spot. Good news is you would not have to drive that far. We just need to get all the good folks of Eastern NC on the same page and move the East forward.

Back in the 80's when Piedmont was Piedmont and not owned by US Air, Kinston was the spot. They had jets as big as 727's flying out of there daily, going to many different places. Then US Airways bought them out and went to the small airport sprawl that you see now. From what I have seen, Kinston has the nicest airport and the longest runway, but the Kinston airport is not easy to get to at this time either.
04-14-2006 08:42 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

When I was a kid we always flew into Kinston from as far away as Alaska.
For me it is actually quicker drive from Ayden to the Kinston Airport then to PGV.
Most of this goes back to the old territorial thing of every town wanting their own little airport. It would make more sense to pick one or clear some farmland and build a big airport between Wilson,RockyMount,Greenville,Kinston and NewBern. It could be the Gateway to the East 02-13-banana
04-14-2006 10:12 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

ShoreBuc Wrote:When I was a kid we always flew into Kinston from as far away as Alaska.
For me it is actually quicker drive from Ayden to the Kinston Airport then to PGV.
Most of this goes back to the old territorial thing of every town wanting their own little airport. It would make more sense to pick one or clear some farmland and build a big airport between Wilson,RockyMount,Greenville,Kinston and NewBern. It could be the Gateway to the East 02-13-banana

You may have passed right by me, standing by the runway, waving to the pilots and passengers of inbound and outbound planes.
04-14-2006 10:22 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

GrayBeard Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:When I was a kid we always flew into Kinston from as far away as Alaska.

You may have passed right by me, standing by the runway, waving to the pilots and passengers of inbound and outbound planes.

Could of been. We flew into Kinston a lot in the 80's. I always remember walking off the plane when coming from Alaska. It was like walking into a sauna :billgates:
The last time I flew out of Kinston was for the Peach Bowl. I have been checking flights for this football season flying into Kinston. US Air has not come down off their rates from St. Thomas yet so I am trying to find alternative flights to Kinston or Raleigh.
04-14-2006 10:35 AM
Advertisement

PirateNation Offline
All American

I think New Bern has the busiest airport in the region. They have a new terminal built so they could expand if needed. They now have limited jet service to Charlotte and Philadelphia I believe, not 100% sure. Doesnt PGV have limited jet service as well? I would have thought PGV would offer more than it does.

I dont fly, but if I did it would be out of PGV or EWN. Kinston, well its just Kinston. Out in the boonies.
05-13-2006 06:47 PM
PiKappWags Offline
Capt'n Pabst

Who knows the scoop on the long-ago bid for East Carolina between New Bern and Greenville.
05-18-2006 08:47 AM
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

Crappies

New Bern was one of the towns considered when a site was being chosen for ECU, as were many other 'familiar' ENC towns.....

Greenville made the best pitch, and got the prize......I think it's turned out to be a fine choice...

...not that it would have stunk to have ECU in New Bern with the rivers, etc....wowza!
05-18-2006 11:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.