Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Michigan State basically Penn State
Stugray2 Online
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
RE: Michigan State basically Penn State
LoAs always lead to termination. Either because you are at some level responsible or because they just got you out of the way and it would be awkward to bring you back. MSU is not there ... yet. Also anyone you give an LoA to will be presumed guilty by the public, their reputations destroyed. That is non-repairable.

The culture around big money, be it media, movies, business, or sports is to pay money to hush up scandal, keep it out of written reports. In this respect colleges like MSU and PSU (and Alabama and every other school for that matter in FBS) are no different than NBC, FOX, Disney, or Google or Apple (not that I am aware of anything in those companies - but it's big money culture) for that matter.

I hate witch hunts, even though they seem to be necessary for the public appetite for immediate blood. I'd rather let the investigation into who knew what when get a bit further and more solid before using the Axe. In two months the ones who should get the Axe will be much clearer, and I really don't see a need to rush that and take out one or two who really should not get tarred.

That is the problem with an LoA. If you are giving somebody one, you had better be darn sure they need to go and you will win a defamation lawsuit.
01-24-2018 02:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michigan State basically Penn State - Stugray2 - 01-24-2018 02:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.