Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gary Clark - Where Does He Stand All-Time?
Bookmark and Share
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
RE: Gary Clark - Where Does He Stand All-Time?
So I can't intelligently speak to pre Huggins era Bearcats but I'll give you my list of MOST IMPORTANT Bearcats from Huggins era and beyond:

1. Kenyon Martin- Consensus National Player of the year on best Bearcat team since the 60s. One of the best teams ever to not win the title (thanks to the injury). Incredible defensive player and rebounder throughout his time her. Solid on offense his sophomore/junior years but made an amazing jump as a senior. Jersey Retired.
2. Steve Logan- Incredible 4 years where he was a key player every season. Played a ton as a freshman and sophomore. Basically forced Huggins to turn him into the star over satterfield as a junior and won Great Midwest player of the year as a result. Lead a bunch of role players to an amazing season as a senior as a first team all American. UC won the regular season and conference USA tournament. They were a 1 seed. They had a crazy number of top 50/100 wins.
3. Danny Fortson- Easily the best Freshman-Junior Bearcat of the Huggins era. So dominant all three seasons that you could reasonably have him 1 or 2 on this list. Forston was a beat. I'll take 4 years of the other guys (especially because of the dominant team seasons they produced as seniors), but Fortson lead UC to its last elite eight and was an unbelievable bearcat.
4. Sean Kilpatrick- Best player of the Mick Cronin era. Second all time in points. Amazing scorer, that developed into a really good college defender. Incredibly clutch late in games.
5. Herb Jones- Huggins always described him as a program changer...the guy who really got the ball rolling. Herb was incredible in his two seasons with UC (the second culminating in a final four). 16 points ppg as a junior, 18 ppg as a senior. He also effected so many other parts of the game (reminds me of Gary Clark in that way, but was a more dominant offensive player).
6. Nick Van Exel- 1 final four, 1 elite eight, clutch player...ended up with a great NBA career. His two years culminated in the best two NCAA tournament runs UC has had in the modern era.
7. Gary Clark- This is where I have Gary, but if he leads UC to a final four I could see moving him as high as 4.
8. Jason Maxiell- I put him and Gary on similar levels for their UC careers. The difference being, Gary is the leader of a top ten caliber team. Max played on the 2002 team but was a roll player.

01-23-2018 10:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gary Clark - Where Does He Stand All-Time? - bearcatmark - 01-23-2018 10:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.