Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Stadium in Downtown Birmingham Takes a Step Forward
Bookmark and Share
UABslant Online

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: New Stadium in Downtown Birmingham Takes a Step Forward
This will be huge for UAB football. As a once casual UAB fan in the late 90s, then student, now alumnus & booster I can unequivocally say that the new stadium will be the best thing to happen for UAB Football since The Return.
Biggest selling points:
#1-VISIBILITY for the program: The stadium will be seen by literally hundreds of thousands of people a day, whether they are attending events at the BJCC, dining or staying in a hotel in Uptown, or simply driving I20/59 or I65. Every person coming into or passing through Birmingham from the airport will see the stadium and the signage and color scheme should leave no doubt that it's UAB's home.

#2-Recruiting Players and Coaches: Legion Field is historic, but when it's not gameday the stadium and surrounding neighborhood is a negative when selling the program. No matter how many green tarps you put up, you can't hide the barbed wire, shuttered housing, rust, peeling paint, and crimson signage and walkways. The locker room facilities are bare bones and even the home locker room feels more like a visitors'.

#3-Gameday Atmosphere: While tailgating may take a hit in the first couple seasons, everything else will be improved. Legion Field's 73k seats sit back further from the field than nearly every other stadium I've ever stepped foot in. It swallows sound and literally takes any crowd out of the game. The new stadium with 40-45k seats creates immediate demand for premium seating and will put the fans as close to the field as feasible. New concessions facilities mean more food choices and quicker transactions.

This should be a gem of a stadium. Can't wait for it to get here.
01-13-2018 12:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Stadium in Downtown Birmingham Takes a Step Forward - UABslant - 01-13-2018 12:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.