College football doesn't fairly name a national champion
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
RE: College football doesn't fairly name a national champion
(01-05-2018 09:46 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 07:16 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 06:25 PM)YNot Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 03:15 PM)bullet Wrote:  Also in most other sports you don't have 27 of the 130 members that have been added in the last 25 years (and 14 in the last dozen) when most of those are lower level programs that just happen to have a new label and scholarship limit.

I wonder how many FBS members would still qualify if they enforced the 15K minimum attendance rule. I haven't seen 2017 numbers yet, but last year there were at least 10 FBS programs under the minimum and another half dozen or so barely over.

If they increased the attendance minimum to 20K, you're looking at like 27 schools that wouldn't meet the cutoff. It's hard to argue that you should be part of the top level of college football if you can't average 20K home game attendance...let alone 15K.
When our own alumni adopt a P5 team they did not even attend because they are "relevant"...then that also is skewed due to the cartel's stranglehold.

Troy won the SBC 5 times in a row. Can you imagine the impact on their attendance and "relevancy" if those had also included 5 playoff appearances in a row? And if they had won a game or two there?

Don't give me the 15K dodge when G5 attendance and support has been corroded by imposed irrelevancy by the P5 over decades.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

There was a big difference back when the NCAA had a TV cartel. Of course, half the G5 were I-AA or didn't even have football.

IMO, this is what many of the G5 really want. Because access alone simply is not going to be enough. It might not be the NCAA that runs it, but some super-national like organization that pools the CFB money together and distributes it in a similar fashion to March Madness is the endgoal.

This conversation isn't really about football, its about survival.
01-06-2018 07:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: College football doesn't fairly name a national champion - vandiver49 - 01-06-2018 07:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.