Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: College football doesn't fairly name a national champion
(01-05-2018 07:20 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 07:01 PM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 04:35 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 04:10 PM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 09:52 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Not all conferences are created equally...

...to prove my point
Dang it HOD, I happen to agree with you. I don't really think the other g4 conferences can produce a champion that's good enough to win a NY6 bowl let alone compete for a championship. The g5 bid basically comes down to the AAC against Boise State and maybe Sdsu really. The AAC has spent the past 5 years of its brief existence proving that it can compete at a legitimate level while the rest of the g5 conferences have been sitting back on their collective arses doing what got them left behind in the first place. What bothers me is everybody keep trying to frame UCF's win as a chance to debate whether the g5 can produce a worthy champ. The AAC has - one men Ncaa men's basketball championship
2-3 women's basketball championships
3 NY6 bowl victory in 5 years.
Not once did you or anyone hear the AAC say or even acknowledge anything about the g4, because none of that had anything to do with them07-coffee3
This is exactly where the "P6" idea is foolish. Pushing for an enlargement of the playoff to 8, and arguing that the system is unfair, is going to meet immediate resistance from everyone in the actual autonomy conferences. They stand little to nothing to gain from it. The G5 (which, like it or not, DOES include the AAC) can be supportive of UCF's and the AAC's push for greater access, but that will be harder to get if the AAC is giving a giant "F*** you!" to the SBC, MWC, C-USA, and MAC. The "P6" marketing, and especially the mocking "G4" garbage, alienates four leagues who would otherwise make for great allies of the AAC.

Congrats. The AAC is the best G5 league. No one would argue otherwise. It's still a G5 league.
***NEWSFLASH*** to you and ark30inf, there is no such thing as a g5 division in college football!! There is no contractual collective case that the AAC can make for you . I encourage you and your programs and conference leaders to put together a plan for improvement and possible inclusion into this made up thing known as the p5 just like the AAC is doing. 04-cheers
How about this plan...the 5 conferences that are discriminated against work together to turn the league's playoff system into one that treats its constituent parts like all other sports leagues do?

Far more likely to have successful outcome than stabbing each other in the neck and being trolling dbags will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
How has myself or the AAC "stabbed " anyone in the neck? What makes you think that the AAC has the same goal in mind as the other g5 conferences? The AAC has been very upfront from the beginning what it's goals and aspirations were, and it never included any other g5 conferences, sorry. Hey I really wish you guys good luck and I pull for y'all honestly but your problems start and end with your pitiful
conference leaders not the AAC. Honestly I think that the sunbelt is great and better than the Mac or CUSA 04-cheers04-cheers04-bow
01-05-2018 08:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: College football doesn't fairly name a national champion - Tigersmoke4 - 01-05-2018 08:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.