bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: CFP selection committee defends leaving out undefeated UCF
(01-04-2018 06:59 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 05:31 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 02:35 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 01:41 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 01:03 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  So then why are running around so concerned? UCF will declare themselves National Champions. It will have no affect on anything according to you. If thats truly the case--there is no need for you to frantically attempt to delegitimize the move in post after post.

If that's the criteria for posting around here, my post count would be zero and so would yours. I don't think anyone here thinks that what they say impacts on what happens in the real world, i certainly don't. So no, I'm not "frantically" trying to delegitimize the UCF claims, because that implies that i think I have any power to affect that or any other college football issue - and i don't.

All I'm doing is arguing with other non-entities around here who are making claims about this or that. That's all any of us do. It's the nature of this particular forum*. In this case, the reality is there will be no split champion, and also there will be no push to create an 8-team playoff, as playoff expansion *only* responds to one factor, money, not competitive fairness.

* Though not all, e.g., I'm on a music forum where one of the regulars is a guy who actually is a music business player, has produced or mixed albums for acts like Metallica, the Cars, and Bob Dylan. Likewise, I'm on a movie box office forum where two very high-level executives at Warners and Disney are known to post, albeit anonymously. They have access to real numbers long before the media does.

But this forum isn't like that. We don't have Nick Saban or Kirk Herbstreit or the CFP president posting here.

There already is a split champion. Thats simply a hitorical fact at this point.

03-lmfao There's no split champion, it isn't a historical fact of any kind no matter how many proclamations Aresco or UCF officials make, or how many sportswriters write columns saying UCF got screwed or deserves to call themselves a champion, as that isn't what defines a split champion. Historically, at least since the 1970s, "Split Champion" means that the two major polls disagree on who the champ is. E.g., 1997 is a split champion year because Michigan got the AP vote and Nebraska the Coaches vote. That's a split champion. A split champion isn't when one rinky-dink group nobody ever heard of says team X is the champ when the AP and Coaches both pick team Y.

If the latter is the case, I guess I can declare that USF is the national champion, make up hats and banners and rings, throw a parade, and that makes it a 3-way tie for this year's title, right? Hilarious.

The only way one can plausibly claim that this year is a split champion is if the AP votes for someone other than the CFP title game winner.

Wake me up when that happens. 07-coffee3

lol... still patiently waiting for the name of the team that beat UCF this year. 03-zzz

Who beat Mt. Union?
01-06-2018 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CFP selection committee defends leaving out undefeated UCF - bullet - 01-06-2018 04:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.