Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Professional Analysis of the New Tax Bill
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
RE: Professional Analysis of the New Tax Bill
(12-22-2017 01:55 PM)solohawks Wrote:  
(12-22-2017 12:29 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(12-22-2017 09:07 AM)solohawks Wrote:  What do you guys think the biggest positive is for the average citizen?

I would have to think the doubling of the child tax credit and the fact that a significant percentage is refundable, would be a great selling point to the public at large

In the long run its the cut in the corporate tax rate. The Europeans are already worried they will lose jobs to the US. That tells me it will have an impact.

On a shorter term basis, doubling the standard deduction and lowering rates. Less need to itemize and you pay less tax.

Definitely agree about the corporate rate being cut being huge.

However, I don't believe the average citizen will get excited because the corporate tax rate got cut. They will get excited if their child tax credit got doubled. If you are already taking the standard deduction that is crucial too, but if new standard deduction equals what you have been itemizing then its kind of a wash.

That's why I think the GOP should market the doubling of the child tax credit. That effects both sides of the aisle and is something that is hard to argue against.

It is my opinion that the corporate tax rate cut will in the end be "better" for the American public in general. However, due to what the media feeds them and the general public's reliance on memes and late night comedy to deliver their "news", it's far more likely that they wouldn't know how good a corporate rate tax cut works for them without tossing in the child credits, etc.

In the end though, it's likely that the American public will view this bill quite favorably. Most of America are centrists. If you put more money in their pockets... they'll be happy. This bill stands a good chance of saving the GOP come '18 election day.
12-24-2017 01:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Professional Analysis of the New Tax Bill - B_Hawk06 - 12-24-2017 01:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.