Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Southern Illinois Coach: "We have to Expand"
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
RE: Southern Illinois Coach: "We have to Expand"
(12-26-2017 06:13 PM)jacksfan29 Wrote:  Adding a school to the Valley has less to do with what they spend and more to do with location and success. Murray will likely be added, the question is, what will that do to the MVFC. The MVC football playing schools agreed to add UND assisting the Summit. The Summit football schools will agree to add Murray. I think your second addition, if they get who they want, Belmont will be at the top of the list.

One last item on budgets. If you look over those basketball budgets, you have to look at the cost of attendance. In the Summit, DU and ORU are by FAR the most expensive schools. In addition, if you look at the MVC and Horizon basketball budgets, that is a lot of wasted money to put a terrible product on the floor.

The 2017-18 figures, when released will be interesting. I know SDSU increased the basketball budget pretty substantially and the overall athletic budget increases by just over $4 million from 2015-16 to 2017-18.

Definitely when you are comparing the overall budget of a private school where the tuition is 40k-50k a year to a public university of 10k-15k tuition when you are talking 250-300 athletes on scholarship. Private universities have larger budgets to reflect the difference in tuition.

I also think when you are talking the difference between a 2.5 million dollar men's basketball budget and a 2.0 million dollar men's basketball budget you are talking about the difference between a small budget and a very small basketball budget. I doubt at that point it means as much as winning tradition, location, academic profile ect.

Its when you get to 3 million you are starting to talk about a decent D1 men's basketball budget that can afford charter flights for the team ect. A program that is capable of comfortably operating outside of a bus league.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 10:22 AM by Kittonhead.)
12-27-2017 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Southern Illinois Coach: "We have to Expand" - Kittonhead - 12-27-2017 10:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.