Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Another Realignment Thread: Why? Just Because
(09-18-2017 01:43 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(09-18-2017 01:17 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(09-18-2017 12:19 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(09-18-2017 11:36 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(09-18-2017 09:39 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  "N.C. State & Virginia Tech to the SEC along with T.C.U. and Kansas
Notre Dame joins in full. Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and West Virginia to the ACC."

I'm not one to support "trading" VT or any other university out of the ACC, especially for nonsense like UCONN or Tulane, but I wouldn't oppose the trade mentioned by JR, provided that VT & NC State don't object. Bringing in Texas, Oklahoma & ND would definitely raise the profile of the ACC. I would trade TT for Houston though if possible.

I would prefer the earlier mentioning of placing Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas & Iowa State into the SEC & Texas, TCU, WV & ND into the ACC over the above proposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's plenty of ways to do it.

I just don't think the SEC should facilitate Texas into the ACC unless we're getting something in return.

For us, the OK schools, KU, and ISU isn't really a bad deal. I don't want to take Texas Tech though just so the ACC can have Texas. I don't see that we have any motivation to do that for one.

IMO, we wind up with one of these three in order of preference: Texas & Oklahoma; Oklahoma & Oklahoma State; Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State; T.C.U. and Kansas.

I think we would prefer to move to just 16 and that the only 18 school scenario we would consider would be one that landed both Texas and Oklahoma.

I didn't think that the SEC or ACC wants TT & Im sure that A&M would prefer to be the lone team from the Lone star state. Oklahoma & Oklahoma State gives the SEC everything they need in penetrating Texas & complements A&M well. Kansas complements Missouri & enhances SEC basketball. Iowa State adds a good athletic team with a passionate fan base in a new market.

I'm still intrigued by Nebraska going to the SEC, they would complement the Oklahoma schools & A&M. I think the Cornhuskers would have a better chance at rejuvenating their brand in an SEC with Oklahoma than they would in the B1G. Let Kansas & Missouri go to the B1G while the SEC picks up Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Iowa State & either Kansas State or another Texas school (TCU, TT or Baylor). Or stop at 16 & leave out Iowa State +1. UCONN can be #16 for the B1G. ACC goes to 18 with Texas, TCU/Houston, WV & ND.

Nebraska would have to want to leave the Big Ten. But if they did, a nice pickup would be OU, OSU, Nebraska and Kansas for the SEC.

That would make for an excellent SEC western division @ 18.

Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Kansas, A&M or Arkansas

09-18-2017 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Another Realignment Thread: Why? Just Because - Lenvillecards - 09-18-2017 02:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.