bcspiker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
RE: CA 8/25/17 Article on Butch Pierre
(09-04-2017 01:26 PM)Stammers Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 12:53 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 12:26 PM)Stammers Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 01:54 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 12:27 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  The hiring of Pierre and it's ramifications especially in light of better alternatives is definitely within the scope and spirit of the thread topic and well within the common norm here of acceptable topic deviation.

Of course, you are welcome to your own opinion on the subject.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Oh boy, the programs been in the dumpster for years. That's why people aren't buying tickets.

You guys keep harping on someone's recruiting ranking. We've had phenomenal classes for years, but what do we have to show for it? Either they were over ranked or under coached. And, how many of these prize recruits left for various reasons? We've had two "one and dones" in the last ten years or so (Rose and Evans). The others needed four years to develop. Needless to say, a lot of them took their experience with them to other schools.

The luster is gone. Local kids don't want to come here. These kids were about 8 years old since we've done anything. So you expect it to turn around overnight? I'm not going to say a select few wouldn't get us on the map quicker than Tubby, but unfortunately, those guys didn't want to come here either.

Tubby got TT in the tourney in year three. I'd say that's a very reasonable expectation here too.

So 89 in the RPI in 2015 with 14,000 tickets sold is in the dumpster for years?

Quote:Local kids don't want to come here.

Martin and Rivers are here.

Quote:And, how many of these prize recruits left for various reasons?

How many times did 75% of the roster transfer out?
Quote:These kids were about 8 years old since we've done anything.

Using your definition we haven't done anything since 2009 and Tubby hasn't done anything since 2005. Thank you and your confused soul for winning the argument for me.

Game, set, match.

Nice try sparky...

Yeah, I'd say Pastner left a mess...

http://www.dailyhelmsman.com/sports/low-...f0f69.html

I can post more if you like.

Taking over two loser programs and getting them to the tournament looks decent to me. If it's so easy to win at Minn, why hasn't any other coached notched a win in 20 years? Looks like he took over 2 teams that had approx 10 win seasons and brought them to the tourney.

Memphis may have been the hottest program in the nation when Pastner took over. Of course attendance was high for awhile. Do yourself a favor and read the helmsman article. No energy, doesn't seem like Tiger basketball anymore. Sound familiar? If Memphis was happy with the state of the program, why did they try so hard to get rid of him?

Checkmate...

Why do you keep arguing with yourself? The article states that we were in line to lose a lot of money when Pastner teams sold 12,028 tickets per game. Tubby's team sold 9,622 per game and will sell less this year. Again thank you for winning the argument for me.

Quote:Memphis may have been the hottest program in the nation when Pastner took over. Of course attendance was high for awhile.

You continue to be completely confused. Attendance was high for a while? Over the 7 seasons, even with the last season, he averaged 15,414 per season. 5 years after Cal left we averaged 16,121. Tubby is down to 9,622 and sinking faster than a stone.

Quote:Taking over two loser programs and getting them to the tournament looks decent to me.

And now he is turning us into a loser program. He is recruiting at the same crappy level he did at Texas Tech and at an inferior level than he did at Minnesota, but we have a handful of confused fans that expect him to do better here.
Tubby is not down to 9600. He is starting there and should be allowed to build from that point after proving he can provide a better product over time.

Sent from my LG-H811 using CSNbbs mobile app
09-04-2017 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CA 8/25/17 Article on Butch Pierre - bcspiker - 09-04-2017 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.