A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me??
Bookmark and Share
theheadeagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me??
(08-11-2017 02:29 PM)Nuggets Ghostbuster Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 09:06 AM)Up2stuff Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 08:53 AM)theheadeagle Wrote:  Well, it is what it is. That's about all Southern Miss football is worth these days. Setting up a 2 for 1 with a low tier SEC team. It's sad and pathetic we've done this but frankly that's how far we've fallen. There was a time when I would have crucified our leadership for signing this deal but honestly it's not even worth me getting upset over any longer. We are losing games to teams like Western Kentucky now.....a 2 for 1 with State sounds better than that crap.

Not to mention - "There was a time" when signing a 2 (home) for 1 (away) with our current conference mates would have been the expected. 03-banghead I love Southern Miss and I will bleed black and gold until the day I die. But as I close in on retirement, I have to admit, the money I have sent to/spent on the athletic department has been the worst return on investment of any money I've put anywhere - with the exception of one Chinese company that went belly up.

May the dear lawd bless you guys........some can only see the bad(because thats how you are wired) and not the silver lining that Monken created and Bower 2.0 is building. "Losing to teams like WKU"....hate to inform you but they have been pretty darn good during our recovery process....they have beaten a team in the SEC twice over the past 4 years and have defeated the AAC in bowl games two years in a row almost scoring a combined 100 points in those bowl games.They went 23-5 the last two seasons. They set the bar during our "time off".

The recipe is simple......For us to continue our growth back to championship days(just 6 years ago) we need to continue to plug in schools like Kentucky, Vandy, Purdue, Miss St, Virginia, BC, Kansas, Wake Forest, etc....in addition to winning CUSA. In 2011, the only P5 team we played was a slightly above average Virginia which is why we had BCS ranking late in the season. We win games like last year(during a staff transition) against the SEC we start earning back our stripes. We are not that far off in reality. Our last coach is one coaching level away from being a head coach in the NFL. You can watch him on Sundays and on Hard Knocks. Our University selected the right leader when they hired Monken. He may go down as one of the best moves our university ever made considering what he had to resuscitate. I believe Hopson is the right guy as well. We are heading in the right direction, regardless of lack of money or conference affiliation. Our first game this season against Kentucky is vey similar to our home game against NC State back in 2006. We played the Wolfpack in 05 and should have won the game in Raleigh. We finished 05 with a 7-5 record and a win against Arky St in the New Orleans Bowl. NC State finished 05 with a record of 7-5 with a big win against ranked FSU and had a decent team returning in 06.....just like Kentucky this season. State wet the bed out of the gate in 06 and thanks to Damien Fletcher we controlled the game. Ito could be that guy for us in week 1 and get the same result.
We are getting better as a program...... Try to enjoy it.......

Uab has beaten SEC teams in the past also. I don't care about that. It's Western FN Kentucky. They are not nationally relevant in the least bit. I don't even know what their mascot is. Our conference is a fn joke. There "was a time" I'd even take up for our conference back when ECU, Memphis etc was in it. Now I just agree with everyone because there is no argument, it's sucks donkey balls.
08-11-2017 04:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me?? - TTT - 08-08-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me?? - theheadeagle - 08-11-2017 04:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.