Southern Miss and Mississippi State sign 2-1 in football
Bookmark and Share
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Southern Miss and Mississippi State sign 2-1 in football
(08-11-2017 05:35 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 08:42 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 10:48 AM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  For USM fans: do you all have more of affinity for either Miss State or Univ of Miss? Or are both hated equally? Just wondering about the culture the big Mississippi schools.

For me, it's State. Easy.

AndreWhere touched at it a little bit, but State alums are the kinda people that think they're blue collar because they drive a $50,000 truck and live in the Jackson suburbs.

Your stereotypical MSU fan is some middle aged suburban engineer that goes to a Rankin County megachurch then comes home and logs on Ashley Madison after getting back from Sunday lunch at Newk's or Beagle Bagel.

MSU fans are typically more hostile toward USM than OM fans. OM has a lot of OOS alums compared to State and a lot of those in-state people are from the Memphis suburbs which is not really Mississippi. More MSU fans from Central and South MS means they're exposed to USM more than OM fans.

Just an insufferable group of human beings. I have many friends with OM ties that I consider good people. I can say that I don't really know a single State person that is worth a damn.

Damn. You must live a cold, lonely, existence. I don't believe I've ever seen an entire fan base painted with such a broad brush. You've got issues. 07-coffee3

Not any different than State fans calling USM alums a bunch of Coast trash commuters that all root for LSU or Bama.

Stereotypes are fun. Generally a little bit of truth to all of them. Yes, there are some State alums that are like what I described, but not all. Just like there are some Coast trash USM alums that root for Bama and LSU. Some people like that but certainly not all.

And you will learn to hate their fans. Lurk on Elite Dawgs or Six Pack Speak the week leading up to your game in Ruston.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 06:37 PM by BeagleUSM.)
08-11-2017 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Southern Miss and Mississippi State sign 2-1 in football - BeagleUSM - 08-11-2017 06:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.