Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Imagine an SEC schedule with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State
Bookmark and Share
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Imagine an SEC schedule with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State
(08-11-2017 07:11 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  I think TT makes more sense in the SEC. They, along with the Oklahoma schools, strengthen the SEC in Texas (Houston, DFW & western Texas) while not posing a threat to A&M.

SEC- Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TT & Iowa State

B1G- Kansas

ACC- Texas, TCU, Houston, ND, WV & Cincinnati

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree that Tech makes more sense in the SEC, however, any TX addition will piss off the Aggies to some degree. If we're going to do it then we at least need to have a good reason for it. Tech just don't offer us very much.

I threw Houston out as a way to get the ACC and SEC both to 20, but I think that's highly unlikely if I'm being honest. Albeit, I do think adding Houston to the mix in exchange for relegating Baylor would be a better investment for the networks. It would also perhaps be a way to salve the TX politicians who wouldn't want Baylor to lose exposure, but couldn't be seen as fighting on behalf of the school due to scandal.

Maybe another way to do it...

SEC adds TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Iowa State, and Cincinnati

ACC adds Texas, Texas Tech, Houston, Notre Dame, West Virginia, and UConn

If ESPN is genuinely interested in acquiring new rights and content then I think some of these additions make sense in the long term even if they might cost a little more up front.

-Houston could replace Baylor in the hierarchy and avoid any political issues while simultaneously upgrading potential. UH could be much more of a force via not just market size but the potential of a much larger alumni base in the future as it is a growing public school.

-UConn basically has a P5 budget right now and taking them could keep them out of the B1G/FOX camp.

-Cincinnati could be used to tap OH to a much greater degree. Financially, the move wouldn't pay for itself because of the weaker market model...especially to the SEC, but perhaps there are other tangible benefits.

1) You could create another SEC/ACC annual match-up by insuring ND and UC get together. ND wants the direct exposure in OH after all. But why not just put UC in the ACC then? 2) UC doesn't really give the ACC anything they don't already have...they've got plenty of basketball powers whereas the SEC needs a boost. Also, the ACC needs additional football prowess and UC doesn't really give them that. 3) Even though the market model is weaker, I'm sure ESPN would like a direct presence, perhaps even marquee games, in OH because Ohio State is not coming back into the fold anytime soon so UC to the ESPN grouping does allow for that. Again, why not just put them in the ACC if that's a goal? 4) One of the best ways to undercut the B1G/FOX faction is to take their players. In short, a direct presence in OH for the SEC will allow for more of their top players to leave the state and not just for other B1G programs. The SEC is better equipped to take players from OH than the ACC is. Recruiting nationally is a priority for more SEC schools. 5) The ACC needs to build up their connections to TX if they're really going to make UT happy. While UConn would simply be a bad fit in the SEC and therefore is really not an option, that's really the only move here for the ACC that doesn't give them a football boost.

SEC:

West: TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Iowa State

Central: Texas A&M, LSU, Arkansas, Missouri, Ole Miss

South: Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

East: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky, Cincinnati

ACC:

Gulf: Texas, Texas Tech, Houston, Florida State, Georgia Tech

North: Notre Dame, West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Miami

Atlantic: Boston College, UConn, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Coastal: North Carolina, North Carolina State, Duke, Wake Forest, Clemson

Perhaps then the American is used to acquire more Western properties for the ESPN grouping...

AAC:

West: San Diego State, Fresno State, UNLV, BYU, Boise State

Central: Colorado State, Air Force, New Mexico, Tulsa, Kansas State

South: Baylor, SMU, Tulane, Memphis, Navy

East: UCF, USF, East Carolina, Temple, Army
08-11-2017 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Imagine an SEC schedule with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State - AllTideUp - 08-11-2017 03:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.