Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2019
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2019
(03-29-2019 12:37 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(03-29-2019 12:23 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(03-29-2019 12:06 PM)odu09 Wrote:  
(03-29-2019 11:59 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  We are talking ODU, not Kentucky. It is not scalable here nor is it scalable MTSU, assuming we are playing by the rules. Sure, we could bring in someone like Nick King from somewhere like Alabama that scores 3 PPG and there is a 1 in 1,000 chance he could become the conference POY next year as a 1-year wonder, but 1 in 1,000 is not scalable. It was luck. Next year we have a bunch of players that have put in their time behind our graduating seniors and it is their turn to take the reins and see what they can do. I doubt there is a single one of them that think we need a grad transfer to take their minutes.

So instead of taking a player that would make our team potentially better, you'd rather ignore any transfers because our players are entitled to play because they've been here a few years?

Correct, you play the long game, especially when rebuilding. Your Kiths, Wades, Godwins, Zips and Dickens need playing time and experience to improve. It isn't worth putting them on the bench and stunting their development to bring someone in for a year that doesn't know the system and may or may not do any better.

Kith/Wade
Godwin/Oliver
Green
Zip/Reece
Dickens

^^^I am comfortable with this right here for the next 2 years

We could use a few backups, particularly at center, but grad transfers don't go somewhere to be a backup. Bring in freshmen to back them up for breathers, injury, and foul trouble, but above is the core we have to develop into a top 50 team. Not sure why a grad transfer would want to come here next year anyway. This isn't a situation like Alrledge or Robinson where we literally had nobody at those positions. No matter what position, playing time is likely to be very limited.

Im not into refusing to help the team because I'm comfortable with a team that at best would probably still need to win the conference tourney to get in the tournament. (at least next year)

Grad transfers got to places and backup all the time. If the team is as good as you think (core for a top 50 team), why wouldn't a player want to join?

If the transfer is any good, they have plenty of play time to look forward to.

P.S., FWIW, the team would be interested in finding a PG and have Kitchart play more of a combo/scoring guard role.

Quite simply because I don't think they will develop into a top 50 team or maximize their potential unless they develop together as a team. I believe adding temporary elements to mix in hinders their development as a team. It has taken 6 years, but I think we are finally at the point where we can do this the right way. Only caveat is if we could get someone that is almost a guarantee game changer like Matt Coleman that wants to come home, then obviously you take that. I don't think the benefits outweigh the risks of taking some PG that spent the last 4 years riding the bench at Georgia Tech or Wake Forest and putting him in the lineup while stunting the development of Kith. And if they want to move Kith to the 2 spot, Wade also showed he is capable of running the point.
03-29-2019 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2019 - bit_9 - 08-24-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2019 - EverRespect - 03-29-2019 12:58 PM
Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2019 - odu09 - 04-23-2019, 06:22 PM
Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2019 - odu09 - 09-09-2019, 04:19 PM
Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2019 - odu09 - 12-04-2019, 05:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.