Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The DC TV and Theatrical Universe...
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
RE: The DC TV and Theatrical Universe...
OK, so you're just talking about the DCEU, right? (i.e. Dark Knight Trilogy and other earlier DC character stuff not included). As you note, DC has put a successful (i.e. critical and popular) DCEU movie out: Wonder Woman. Terrific film. But I think the point you're getting at, and make more clearly in the movie thread, is that DC hasn't done a very good job of thinking through their character's movie (and TV) lives, how they can connect, and where they're headed. Marvel has done this remarkably well. Their TV productions link to their movie productions. Characters are consistent. But DC doesn't appear to care much about that. Your example of Arrow is a good one: They just arbitrarily decided that Arrow would go up against Ra's al ghul? It actually did make the show good, but it completely crapped all over the Batman story line. Do you watch Gotham? As silly as it can be sometimes I kind of like it, but it's obviously part of some separate DC universe because the Ra's-Bruce Wayne story line has become integral. All the TV Flash stuff? Those characters (and the actors who portray them)? Completely different from the film - ANOTHER DC universe. It's disjointed, and means the best they can do (for now) is the occasional hit like WW, but then they have disastrous opening weekends for what should be a MONSTER hit in Justice League, because fans don't trust them to get this stuff right and they're not telling a story like Marvel is. And for the record, I'm not a Marvel fanboy - I've always preferred the DC characters.
11-20-2017 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The DC TV and Theatrical Universe... - Brookes Owl - 11-20-2017 01:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.