Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Member Shortcomings & How to Fix Them
TU77CAL82 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulane
RE: AAC Member Shortcomings & How to Fix Them
I don't believe that any other Tulane fans have posted here, so I'll share my thoughts.

Obviously, our biggest shortcoming in current times has been on-field performance. It's been rough, however; a change in university president, was followed by a change in athletic director, that then resulted in multiple coaching changes and an over 50% turnover in athletic department staff. That, coupled with major facilities upgrades ( even now we're told that fundraising is underway for a football operations facility) makes me believe that a foundation is in place for improvements all around in performance.)

To me, fan support is the next big challenge. Tulane has allowed what once was very strong support in SE Louisiana to erode away. A large part of that is due to the losing, but there are other factors. In the evolution from a more regional institution to a national university, the percentage of students from Louisiana has dropped to ridiculously low levels. I'm one of those Yankees who came to Tulane from far away, but still believe that the drop in 'local' attendance isn't healthy. It's self inflicted though. Almost all of us here in New Orleans know of kids who were qualified and wanted to attend Tulane, but were not admitted. I don't know if that will ever change, but it should, and it would help with local fan support. While there are plenty of locals (mostly fans of the school upriver) who believe Tulane to be elitist and full of trust fund kids, most New Orleanians are pretty loyal to local institutions and would welcome back a winner, if we can produce one.

A couple other things . . .
Last year's, Tulane's student body numbered 13,851 total. Not large by any means, but I wouldn't call it small either.

Someone posted in another thread that Tulane would not have been invited to this conference if Boise and SDSU had not changed their minds about joining here. Tulane was invited before those two bolted.
07-24-2017 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AAC Member Shortcomings & How to Fix Them - TU77CAL82 - 07-24-2017 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.