Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mitchell Robinson not going to WKU or is he?
Bookmark and Share
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: Mitchell Robinson not going to WKU or is he?
(07-10-2017 10:13 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 10:00 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(07-08-2017 08:48 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(07-08-2017 07:48 PM)BalancedManSPE Wrote:  It's never good to refuse to release. That can backfire bigtime.

Who can blame Robinson for wanting to leave when Shammond Williams resigned. You have to think that cutting Damari Parris from the team on the last day set off this chain of events. Williams had been working with Parris extensively.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Why not?

I've seen that stated many times, but I've never understood why it is assumed that a school will just rollover and grant a release whenever some kid (who has taken away a scholarship opportunity from someone else) has a change of heart.

I understand family circumstances. I understand a change in head coach. But a change in assistant coach?

Unless there's something more to the story, I'm glad that WKU refused the release.

BC it is BS. Coach can up and leave at a moments notice. Robinson committed, Im sure, to promises made and a relationship with Williams (and others). Why should he have to stay if WKY doesn't hold their end of the bargain?

Also, it probably hurts a school in the future if they refuse to grant release. Kids may choose to go elsewhere.

Lol. Say ODU signs a kid in the November signing period and then blows up his senior year. UVA or VA Tech come calling in the spring. ODU just gonna let him out of his LOI? According to you, yes. BC it is BS because Jeff Jones can up and leave at a moments notice.

Did you know that Mitchell Robinson verballed to Texas A&M before he verballed then signed with Western? Can you tell me who was the assistant at A&M that recruited him there? Was it Rick Stansbury or Shammond Williams? He committed because of his relationship at the time with Rick. I don't think Shammond was even in the coaching game at the time. May have still been with Tulane.

Rick hired Shammond and Quannas White from the Tulane staff. Did that help? Sure it did. Shammond got fired for being a d!ck. That's not what was released but I heard too many examples of it. All this speculation started after Shammond was fired. Who do you think was in MR's ear?

Stans goes down and talks to MR and his mom and he arrives in BG the next day. But according to you Rick shouldn't have played the LOI card??? Really???

ODU should and has let kids out of their LOI. ODU let Tre Evans out of his scholarship last year as long as he didn't go to another CUSA school or Tulsa.

You really don't think Shammond Williams had anything to do with Robinson signing with WKY? Since we are talking about letting kids or not letting kids out of their LOI, do you really think it is productive to have a kid play on your team that has no interest in playing for your school? Good luck winning anything with that.
07-10-2017 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mitchell Robinson not going to WKU or is he? - Gilesfan - 07-10-2017 11:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.