Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mitchell Robinson not going to WKU or is he?
Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
RE: Mitchell Robinson not going to WKU or is he?
(07-09-2017 09:57 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 09:19 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  
(07-08-2017 08:48 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(07-08-2017 07:48 PM)BalancedManSPE Wrote:  It's never good to refuse to release. That can backfire bigtime.

Who can blame Robinson for wanting to leave when Shammond Williams resigned. You have to think that cutting Damari Parris from the team on the last day set off this chain of events. Williams had been working with Parris extensively.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Why not?

I've seen that stated many times, but I've never understood why it is assumed that a school will just rollover and grant a release whenever some kid (who has taken away a scholarship opportunity from someone else) has a change of heart.

I understand family circumstances. I understand a change in head coach. But a change in assistant coach?

Unless there's something more to the story, I'm glad that WKU refused the release.

Meanwhile if your head coach decided to leave 10 mins from now he's gone. Thus screwing over all players, coaches, assistants, and anyone else tied to his regime.

That's a problem.

But free agency for high school athletes, who want to renege on their commitment to the school, will not make the coach-departure problem better. It will only exacerbate it.

Well players deciding to not want to play at a school and go elsewhere or not at all should be their choice up until they officially are part of the team. Then if they want to transfer they should be able to do so anywhere they want after sitting out a year. If they choose not to play sports anymore in college then so be it.

Life happens. Life shouldn't be purposely blocked from happening just because someone else doesn't like what's happening.
07-09-2017 01:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mitchell Robinson not going to WKU or is he? - MU ATO - 07-09-2017 01:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.