Bookmark and Share
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: 5,000 Seat Soccer Stadium Coming to Statesboro/GS
(08-12-2017 11:27 AM)runninjoe Wrote:  
(08-12-2017 10:13 AM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 01:15 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 05:28 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Soccer is a niche sport and Tormenta does a pretty good job of filling that niche for the Savannah/South Georgia area. You'd be surprised at how big soccer has gotten in all corners of the US. Atlanta United is in Trump country yet has the top attendance in the MLS in its first season.

Little known fact soccer is huge in the Trump suburbs of the ATL area. I have no idea why folks pigeon hole soccer fans politically. My daughters play soccer so did my cousin and nephews and none of my family would vote for a democrat with a gun to our heads ..(which might happen if Hitlerly won) I kid I kid....sorta.

Not political but the reason soccer is pigeon holed for the masses is due to all the kids their parents put out there because its the only sport they can in anyway participate in, like standing around and wondering what they are supposed to do next. For the under 10 crowd, it is the sport for non athletic kids that want to stay non-athetic.

Have you ever watched a tball game? It is exactly what you are describing. Tell me a sport that requires more conditioning. That post is ignorance personified and is part of the stereotype why soccer is pigeon holed in the us. The same type of people are the rub some dirt on the concussion people.

Gonna have to agree 100% with Joe on this one. That post by JC is just ignorance.
08-12-2017 12:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5,000 Seat Soccer Stadium Coming to Statesboro/GS - Usajags - 08-12-2017 12:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.