Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Horizon extends offer to new member
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
RE: Horizon extends offer to new member
Quote:Push for Robert Morris

Quote:Detroit is just a fate of circumstance. They're a not so big private school in a dying city. They should have tried to get in the A-10 or Valley during their height around the turn of the century. Now they are set for a steep decline. Meanwhile, Oakland is gonna speedwalk past them as the region's principle mid-major.

There's been chatter on Detroit and the A10 over the years. Like Hofstra and Siena, it's a school I'm glad keeps getting boxed out or turned down.

I do wonder if this REALLY pushes Detroit to leave the conference. At this point, they're the only private school, and the conference is just swelling with these system or branch campuses that, for the life of me, seem to be made for recruitment and travel purposes rather than program strength.

Like, is there room in NEC, MAAC, or even AmEast? Or, heck, "right back at 'ya" and Detroit leaves for Summit?

And AmEast has been a subject of curiosity for me over the years. Like the Summit is becoming, you have these smaller state/flagship schools and some random members held up by differing institutional philosophies. AmEast lost its private trouble-maker, Boston, whereas Summit might actually have the right kind of fit with Dakota's and Denver. There are these concerns that swirl around CAAF about James Madison, Villanova, Rhode Island football feasibility, and whatnot, with Patriot looking for members; could AmEast ever revisit football sponsorship, and, were it to, could it theoretically pick off from other conferences with unhappy members?
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 08:09 AM by The Cutter of Bish.)
07-03-2017 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Horizon extends offer to new member - The Cutter of Bish - 07-03-2017 08:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.