Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Georgetown a basketball blue blood?
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: Is Georgetown a basketball blue blood?
I don't know that I would call the Big East a top 3 conference quite frankly in the last 4 years. Post season they definitely aren't. Going what is it 22-21 in the 4 years. With only 4 sweet 16's(6 fewer than the next P5 conference). BE fans want to focus on the regular season, but the fact of the matter is, in college basketball you are defined by the post season. And in the last 4 years, the Big East has had 3 years where the conference underperformed in the tourney. Look at actual units vs projected units...
2014- should have had 9 or 10(X was in 1st 4), actual 6
2015- should have had 15, actual 11
2016- should have had 12, actual 12
2017- should have had 14 or 15(PC was 1st 4), actual 13
so in 3 of the 4 years, the league has underachieved, and only once did the league meet pre-tourney expectations based on seedings.
06-21-2017 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Georgetown a basketball blue blood? - stever20 - 06-21-2017 10:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.