Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who replaces North Dakota in BIG SKY in 2019?
Hammersmith Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NDSU
RE: Who replaces North Dakota in BIG SKY in 2019?
(07-11-2017 08:26 AM)lew240z Wrote:  
Quote: UNC had always been a cultural and geographic outlier in the NCC. The Big Sky was much more attractive to them, but an invite was not imminent. The thing that pushed them over the edge was a promised donation of $1M/year for several years by a prominent Colorado business family. (Think it was Coors, but could be wrong.) That money gave them the confidence to make the move all on their own. (The money never came BTW, which is a big reason UNC basically face planted during their initial DI years.) As soon as the moratorium expired, they made their move.

I believe the promised and never delivered donation was made by the Monfort brothers, owners of the Rockies. They are based in Greeley and that type of failure to deliver the promised donation sounds just like something they would do.

Thanks for the correction. Like I said, it's been a long time and I was fuzzy on some of the particulars.
07-11-2017 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who replaces North Dakota in BIG SKY in 2019? - Hammersmith - 07-11-2017 05:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.