Bookmark and Share
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
RE: North Texas/Houston Sign 2 Game Series
(06-06-2017 07:10 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 04:57 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 03:23 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 02:42 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  Im okay with this. I like when we play other Texas schools. I prefer being able to talk trash to friends and neighbors in person, rather than hoping an online rivalry starts up on the message boards. And I feel like Houston will likely trend downwards under Applewhite for a few years, so maybe we can take that game in Denton.

The truth is we will sell more tickets to traveling fans when we play regional schools like N Texas, Texas St, UTSA, etc than we will for most of our conference mates. In turn, we will send larger groups to those nearby regional schools than we will to most of our conference away games. That's just life in a spread out conference.

I know and understand that UH and SMU have to take this last ditch chance to move up and make some money, but I wish there was some finality with it so we could start talking about a conference with the G5 Texas schools. If it reaches the point where the AAC schools are making closer to what the CUSA schools are making TV-wise, then it makes sense for us all to play each other every year for ticket revenue. We could bring up TXST too from the Belt and all of us would likely benifet. When the Big12 blows up, Tech, Baylor, and TCU might all be looking for homes too.

Keep yopur eye on the next AAC tv deal. If its a bust, that could be a trigger that gets the ball rolling toward regional conference reorganization.

Im pretty bullish on the next AAC deal, but a lot of people on this board think we will be lucky to get $500K a team. If the naysayers turn out to be correct, I think most of the AAC schools would be reconsidering the value of a huge footprint that generates very little media value.

Looking at where ESPN is placing some of these early OOC games, the number of subscribers the network is losing, and the layoffs occurring over there, it is becoming difficult to think the next AAC deal won't take some kind of a hit. How much, I have no idea, but I don't think it will be as bad as what happened to C-USA.
06-06-2017 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Texas/Houston Sign 2 Game Series - Side Show Joe - 06-06-2017 07:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.