Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why doesn't Sacramento St enjoy FBS level support?
SDHornet Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Sac State
RE: Why doesn't Sacramento St enjoy FBS level support?
(05-23-2017 08:59 PM)Sactowndog Wrote:  
(05-23-2017 01:27 PM)SactoHornetAlum Wrote:  First of all, we are in the process of fundraising for a new 6,000 seat on campus arena that so far as SDH has said already has about 1.2 million in donations. Second, we hired an AD specifically to get the rest of it going, I think with a private/public partnership. I've heard the Sacramento Kings want to move their D-League team to town from Reno and pairing them up at a new Sac State arena would be a win-win.

Third, despite a possible new MLS stadium, there is no way we would go off campus for that. First, it would be completely out of our control on schedules, we wouldn't control any revenue and would have a hard time I think getting the on-campus students to attend. Plus, look at how Portland State is treated at Providence Park by the Timbers. The soccer folks there (both the team and the fans) want PSU gone and the poor Vikings are treated as third-class citizens. I think most Hornet fans and alumni don't want to have any part in that. We have a 21,000 seat on-campus stadium that all we have to do is get rid of the track one day.

Isn't your track one of the top tracks in the nation? Doubt your getting rid of it.
Yup, hosting the USATF Championship in June (hosted it a few years ago as well), our men's team won the BSC outdoor title this year and women have traditionally be dominant as well. Wish we could get rid of that track, but we aren't.

The track kills sight lines and keeps people at least an additional 20 yards further form the action for football. So long as the track is there, there will never be an excellent game day atmosphere in the stadium. When the MLS stadium gets built (it's going to happen), I would like to see at least one game a year there. The Causeway would be the only match-up to make such an idea worthwhile (probably would sell out, probably would get on regional TV).
05-26-2017 02:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't Sacramento St enjoy FBS level support? - SDHornet - 05-26-2017 02:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.