Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why doesn't Sacramento St enjoy FBS level support?
Sactowndog Offline
All American

I Root For: Fresno State Texas A&M
RE: Why doesn't Sacramento St enjoy FBS level support?
(05-15-2017 10:52 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  I have lived in California for 38 years now. I am one of the large number of Great Lakes white folks in Silicon Valley. At this point I have to confess I am more a Bear than Buckeye.

I can tell you all the CSUs would vote in favor. While Fresno fans might be against, the administration thinks much more along the same lines as San Jose and San Diego. UC schools recruit different players than a Cal State, due to their admission policies, they are not really much competition - the UCSD problem of getting past the BW UC ADs is not an obstacle here. They are an easy travel partner for SJSU and raise the stature academically of the MWC. The academic boost will definitely encourage the four flagships to also vote for them.

I agree, Boise State, which is not from any part of California that I am aware of, may well have a different opinion. But then again the competition for that replacement spot of losing Colorado State is most likely Rice, another academic jewel. Boise would not be thrilled from a competition stand point with them either. (That is another school with a potential Pac-12 path).

Again we are talking close to a decade out, and under new management for UC Davis. Management that is very likely not going to materialize in time to take advantage of the opportunity. So this is probably something which would never get put to the test. Personally I'd love to have a UC in the MWC, as that would heat up the California rivalries.

I think your nuts and if you went to the MWC board, I doubt you would find a single fan that agrees with you. The MWC might invite Rice and would certainly invite any number of Texas CUSA schools before inviting Davis. The fact your a Silicon Valley Cal fan just speaks to how little you know the Valley. My guess is the most you know about the valley is the traffic on 80 driving to Reno.

But since your a Cal fan I will make you a sig bet. We will create a poll on the MWC board about losing CSU and with whom do we replace them with: Choices will be
Rice
UTEP
UTSA
Texas State
Montana
Sacramento State
North Texas
UC Davis.

If UC Davis is in the top 4 you win. If not I win and your sig will read:
Cal: 5th best in everything in California.

Deal?
05-15-2017 11:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't Sacramento St enjoy FBS level support? - Sactowndog - 05-15-2017 11:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.