Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which conference values Kansas most?
AntiG Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
RE: Which conference values Kansas most?
(05-12-2017 11:53 AM)ken d Wrote:  
(05-12-2017 11:36 AM)AntiG Wrote:  
(05-12-2017 09:18 AM)ken d Wrote:  And taking Kansas stymies B1G expansion at the same time. With OU and Kansas off the table, the B1G isn't likely to have any interest in Texas, or Texas with them. Austin would be over 800 miles away from the nearest B1G school (Nebraska) and 1000 miles from any other.

Not really. The B1G has coveted Texas since the 90s and pretty much has a standing invite out to them. If Texas wants to join the B1G, the B1G will have the same interest that they've always had.

And how is it that you know this to be true? The landscape has changed a lot since the 90's. I'm not at all sure that UT could muster 11 votes from the current roster of B1G schools.

I don't believe the fact that they would not be in a contiguous state would be the reason they would be excluded. I think a bigger reason would be how hard they are to get along with. And, an absolute requirement for the B1G, IMO, would be that UT merge the LHN with the BTN for an equal share.

Who would you expect the B1G would invite to join Texas as new members?

When the time comes, they'll figure out a way to deal with the LHN mess. But they'll be able to get the votes for Texas to join. Most likely the conference will invite Texas and Oklahoma when the time is right. If the hypothetical that was introduced (KU and OU already gone), then I could certainly see the B1G just taking Texas alone if Texas wants it. Its not like the conference has an issue being uneven, they were at 11 for over two decades.
05-12-2017 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which conference values Kansas most? - AntiG - 05-12-2017 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.