Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread
(05-29-2018 12:42 AM)TU4ever Wrote:  
(05-28-2018 08:22 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Something strange happened today. I was watching the USMNT play, and for the first time in about a year, I was genuinely enjoying the game.

I am not sure how to cope with these feelings.

US Starts 8 players under the age of 23, hands first caps to 6 players and beats a God awful Bolivia 3-0. Walker Zimmerman, Josh Sargent, and Tim Weah scored the goals. Pulisic played, and looked downright exhausted after a long season with Dortmund. Its expected he will not travel to Europe. Also, I don't know for sure what we have in Antonee Robinson, but he was by far the best player on the field tonight. Was everywhere.

About 8-10 different call ups are expected for the match at Ireland Saturday. Including a few faces we'd probably rather not see again after the Trinidad disaster.

I was right there with you. When Sargent Deadpool-ed his goal I gave a little shout and fist pump. That's just hunger.

Yeah it was a below par Bolivia but what I liked is the US young guns made them look like a sub par Bolivia. Lots of new faces got a chance to show what they could do and we looked solid with a "meh" performance from Pulsic.

What made me smile is every young player is getting major minutes somewhere or sneaking into games at major clubs. Combined with the team taking care of business on an ok night for Pulsic makes the future look positive to me.

We will see, but I would be inclined to continue giving the young guys a run over the European trip and see how they handle it. Perhaps not so many to start but their should be plenty of time to carve up with the subs to see how they perform. It's good to see that hunger again and to not see a team that seems to feel they belong already. Exactly what I think the US needs.

We still got a young squad. Horvath and Hamid join at Goal. Yedlin's coming in along with Shaq Moore on defense. Will Trapp, Tyler Adams, and Luca De La Torre join in the midfield, and Bobby Wood is joing at striker

Weah, Sargent, Robinson, Rubin, and McKinnie all remain with the squad. Only notable drops were Pulisic, Walker Zimmerman, Alex Bono, and Matthew Olusunde.

Average age is still 23. I think 29 yeard old Eric Lichaj is the elder statesmen of the group

And best of all, there's still no Michael Bradley!
05-29-2018 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 05-29-2018 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.