BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread
(10-02-2017 07:48 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 07:40 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 12:50 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 09:55 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 09:34 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Great news everyone! Our Savior and true Wonderkid of American Soccer, Gyasi Zardes has made the World Cup Roster! And Fabian Johnson was left off for some reason because Zardes is the future people!

Embrace our destiny. We shall not be defeated in our quest to face Syria or Australia next month just so Mexico doesn't feel bad about going through the Continental Playoff last World Cup Cycle.

Hey, at least Fielhaber and Wondolowski made the cut...here I was, hoping we wouldn't have too many kids in their 20's with talent but not enough experience battling in the meat grinder of the MLS Western Division. I'm shocked Pulisic was included, he broke the USA/Liga MX combo...

I don't know if this Pulisic kid is going to make it. I mean regular minutes in the Bundesliga is nice and all, but its just the same as the battle that is the MLS cup Playoffs.

Side note, Taylor Twellman made a great point today for all of those complaining about Wondolowski making another roster. There is literally ZERO striker depth in the current setup. With Morris injured, and Dempsey hobbled, our literal striker options are Altidore and Wood. Once you get past those two, things start getting real thin.

At least Yedlin is on the roster, so we can officially be gone with the Graham Zusi at Right back experiment...though Arena will probably start him anyway because MLS Experience>Premier League Experience...

04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers

Seriously though...I don't know how the hell you leave off Johnson in favor of Beasley and Villafana at this point. It's obvious who the better patented "out of position winger playing left back" is for us...but nope, we need people who play in MLS and Liga MX because they're "tougher".

Zardes has withdrawn though, so maybe they'll bring in someone with some tal...oh wait, Arriola's available?! Bring him in!!!

I dont understand how anyone can leave off a healthy Arriola at this point. He brings something no one else can on that side of the field off the bench.

Effort? Ability to actually retain a ball that's passed to him? Decent crossing ability? Nah, Arena don't want that!!!!
10-02-2017 07:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 10-02-2017 07:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.