Loco Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
RE: OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread
(08-04-2017 09:58 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 09:26 PM)Loco Bearcat Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 01:50 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I
(08-04-2017 10:37 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 09:37 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The Top of La Liga is very good. The two Madrid's and Barcelona are capable of winning the Champions League every season. Sevilla is always a tough draw for 4th, and Athletic Bilbao is usually a strong Europa team.

Once you get beyond those top 6 or 7 teams though, things really fall off.

I can agree with that but, IMO, the same is true with most leagues. In the case of La Liga, hopefully the new TV money sharing deal will help a little in dispersing more revenue to ALL the teams, not just the top 2.

I'm still not sure its really that close. Leicester City were a mid table club last year who hung out closer to the bottom for several months, and they still managed to take out Sevilla over two legs and hang with Athletico Madrid.

Celta Vigo who finished in the bottom half of La Liga almost beat Manchester United in the Europa League Semifinals. Atletico Madrid are one of the best teams in the world. They have knocked out Chelsea, Bayern Munich, and Barcelona in the Champions League but can't beat my team Real Madrid who have knocked them out 4 years in a row in the CL including 2 finals. However they have been Real Madrid toughest competition. Seville had to replace half their starters each year after winning 3 straight Europa League Titles. EPL and English soccer is
overrated and they play unattractive football in my opinion. The bottom teams in the EPL play defensive unattractive football and the bottom teams from La Liga would beat them with their superior technical and passing game.

Do the Real Madrid owners know they're your team?

Should I have said my favorite team smart guy, plus Real Madrid doesn't have wealthy owners. Real Madrid is owned by the fans also known as Socios who pay a membership fee and they vote on the President and Board of Directors.
08-04-2017 10:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread - Loco Bearcat - 08-04-2017 10:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.