Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Chance of a Northern League forming?
Almost guaranteed
More than 33%
1 - 33 % - good idea
Almost nil
Incredibly stupid
[Show Results]

Will The Summit League be reformed as a Northern League??
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
RE: Will The Summit League be reformed as a Northern League??
(05-19-2017 03:59 AM)AZcats Wrote:  
(05-18-2017 04:09 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(05-18-2017 12:55 PM)jacksfan29 Wrote:  
(05-18-2017 11:15 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(05-18-2017 10:36 AM)jacksfan29 Wrote:  Everything in this thread is idle speculation, but at least most are talking about real schools which have made the move, most, decades ago.

CMU is NOT GOING TO MOVE FROM D2. EVER!!! They are not interested, they have no desire, they have no need to move. They are what they are and they are in the perfect division for them.

Seriously, someone needs to ban you from any D2 posts for at least a month.

This is the realignment board, and any D2 programs are on the list that can move unless you are not in D2 for 8 years. That means any D2 schools are possible targets. It is people like you that always put D2 schools down. I hope your school lose to D2 schools in football and other sports in the future?

Actually, my school was D2 not that long ago. My problem is you take a school in Western Colorado which you have no connection to, no idea what the school mission is, nor do you understand the economics or geography of the area. I live on Colorado's Western Slope. I know Mesa well. Know a couple former athletic department employees and have a friend who is a former athletic director of an RMAC school. Mesa State is not moving to D1. "End of discussion

Oh, UNC did win a D2 National Title and they were successful in the old North Central Conference. Success at D2 does not always equate to success at D1.

Boise State, Coastal Carolina, Youngstown State, and others who have won in D1 can tell you it could happen. Even West Texas A&M won the Border Conference over Texas Tech, Arizona, Arizona State and others.

Northern Kentucky said the exact same thing you did for Colorado Mesa and the others. Guess what? The right offer, and boom, they are D1. Colorado Mesa do fit in the region of the Big Sky north. So, if there is a split with the Big Sky schools? D2 schools would be could up. So, it could happen.

Seriously, WOW!

Yes, Northern Colorado football has not done well in D1 with a .290 winning percentage since their move in 2003 (after 2 national titles in 1996 and 1997). Colorado Mesa is NOT much better with a 56-56 record in that same time span. Eastern Washington can not be called a P5 killer when going 2 for the last 6 all against Pac-12 OR and WA schools.

It is true that this is a realignment board and it is meant to be fun but the key word is REALITY. Everyone else has a hint of realism in their post. In your fantasy, D2 would not exist. Schools must meet certain requirements to either join or move up in the NCAA and until they do meet the requirements AND express their interest they are not a target. Talking about any 2-year school is a waste of time because their status is determined by the state government, not the NCAA or NAIA.

How long ago were Boise State, Coastal Carolina, and Youngstown State in D2? West Texas A&M won that title in 1950 and the conference ended in 1962 and in sports history that is ancient. You would have a hard time finding anyone currently at WTAMU outside of the athletic department who knows or cares about the Border Conference.

Just because something happened at one school doesn't mean it could happen at another but I suppose it's like if your friend jumped off a bridge you could too. Every school has their own desires, missions, and situations.

I have not seen an accurate statement by you about anything related to D2 which leads me to believe that you don't do enough research. It has been stated many times that Colorado Mesa has no desire or funding to move up but you keep bringing them up so that a gap on the map can be filled. I was not aware of CMU's financials until jacksfan29 stated what was happening and since then I have learned that they are not likely to get any help from the town either after a sales tax increase vote was defeated by a 2 to 1 margin in early April. I don't have the connections like jacksfan29 has but I have learned a lot about the RMAC because I live near USAFA north gate and I have met a former RMAC commissioner.

As I am seeing the signs, the NCAA and the P5 conferences, and the G5 for football may relax the rules which is why D3 Rowan wants to join D1 in a few years. Like I said, their could be a realignment to add several D2 schools and waved the waiver for them in the future. The issues is that the P5 schools are going belly up in debt even when they signed those big tv contracts. The Top D2 and maybe some D3 schools could move into D1 in less than 10 years because to address the issues about law suits by players and rape victims, the head injuries, players want to be treated as employees and so forth. Who do not move up, I could see that D2 and D3 will be merged as one body.

D1 could become a 4 tier football divisions with Tier 1 and Tier 2 as FBS and Tier 3 and 4 are FCS. Tier 4 would be the Ivy and Pioneer type schools with D3 schools involved in this.
D1 would break into 1-A for all the sports and 1-AA for all the sports. That means basketball will have two tiers at D1. This would weed out the weaker conferences, but will bring the strong teams out of those conferences into the stronger conferences for Tier 1 like Vermont, Milwaukee and Green Bay. New Conferences will be formed and some conferences will move up. RMAC conference with Colorado Mesa would be Tier 3 at the D1 level.

Colorado Mesa have been adding cheap women sports in recent years.
LAX
Beach Volleyball
varsity triathlon

When I look at their website right now, they have 14 men's sports, and 14 women's sports. They could add 2 more cheap women sports and one more men sports? They would be right there as a D1 team.
05-21-2017 08:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will The Summit League be reformed as a Northern League?? - DavidSt - 05-21-2017 08:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.