jacksfan29 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: So Dak St/CU
RE: The Next Realignment Effect on the Horizon League
(04-06-2017 12:09 PM)Chuck_A Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 11:56 AM)jacksfan29 Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 07:43 PM)NoDak Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 07:40 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  NoDak,

I'll take Dennis Dodd's opinion over yours.

The Horizon is commuter hops between big cities and bus trips form there. You fly to Cincy (or Dayton) and bus to NKU or Wright; You fly to Detroit and bus to UDM or Oakland. You fly to Cleveland and bus to CSU and YSU; You fly to Milwaukee and bus to UWM and UWGB. UIC to Denver is no different in time than a bus trip from Wright State to Northern Kentucky.

Denver or Belmont make sense. If they both say no, then I think the Horizon stands at 9. I don't think they are desperate enough to lower their standards forthe like of Omaha or IUPUI

Dennis Dodd reads the Omaha paper, which has a garbage opinion. Denver needs a travel partner, like NMSU but not another hop, for it to make any sense.

But the Omaha opinion passes for news nowadays. See CNN.

NoDak and I agree 100%. No way DU to the Horizon happens.

Omaha? They have major financial problems. They can't afford the increased funding in either the MVC or Horizon plus they can't afford the $1 million exit fee to the Summit. Omaha may be in a more dire financial situation then UND were, before Women's Hockey was axed.

Then who, pray tell, has the financial wherewithal, inclination and athletics to help the Horizon when one of our teams is poached?

The only truly financially stable schools in the great plains corridor that includes Omaha, the two XDSU's who are not moving to the Horizon, by our choice and yours.

If you decide to go west, way west. NMSU are solid and may be amenable to a WAC departure but I doubt they agree to pay a fortune to subsidize your travel costs. UMKC seem to be financially stable but I wouldn't characterize them as being a good program though they do fit the "city school" profile.

You will need to look east or south. Or, if you only lose one to the MVC, sit at 9 for a couple of years, wait for the next MVC implosion and poach one, two or three MVC public schools. Go for the angry ones. UNI, SIU, Illinois State, Indiana State. You may even be able to band them together and have all four come over.
04-06-2017 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Next Realignment Effect on the Horizon League - jacksfan29 - 04-06-2017 12:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.