Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
(03-06-2018 01:17 PM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 12:38 PM)Grommet Wrote:  
(03-05-2018 01:31 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  People complained when Blaine was in his hey day. It will never stop.

Mods could start tossing out temp bans for repeatedly beating the "fire-a-coach" dead horse..07-coffee3

What a perfect liberal world you live in lol

LOL. I agree. I'm not a fan of free speech restrictions just because one has a different viewpoint.

For the record, I am not among those that are calling for Jeff's head on a platter. That said, I'm also not satisfied with where everything is or has been recently with ODU basketball. Biggest reason that I feel that way is because the level of accomplishments overall has fallen from what it was in the prior decade. While there have been a few peaks under Jeff Jones, there have been even more valleys. Overall, I am not as dissatisfied with where things are as some on here appear to be, nor am I as satisfied as many on here appear to be.

I'm encouraged by things like what on paper is a couple of good recruiting classes, the development of Trey Porter, and Jones making some headway in going against his tendencies - i.e. increasing the offensive tempo and mixing in some zone defense more than he has before.

I'm really hoping that Jones can land the viable center that he is pursuing, be it a freshman, or an experienced grad transfer. Assuming that he is able to do that and everything else holds together (no unexpected departures of significant players), then there really would be little reason for Jones not to have whatever level of success he is capable of achieving at ODU. At that point he could more accurately be judged as good enough or not by the ODU faithful.
03-06-2018 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread - ODU BBALL - 03-06-2018 01:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.