TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Boeheim being Boeheim.....then gets owned by Greensboro
(03-11-2017 03:28 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 02:08 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 01:54 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 12:55 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 12:36 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  I'll tackle the recruiting angle argument here & use an example. 247 #1 overall recruit is Mohamed Bamba who coincidentally is from New York, NY. He is uncommitted & the site lists 23 schools recruiting him, 6 are from the ACC (Duke, FSU, UofL, NC, Syracuse & WF). Being able to tell this recruit that he will be able to come home & play in front of his family & friends can give these ACC teams an edge over the teams that can't, depending on how important that is to him. That also helps diminish that edge would give to the BE schools recruiting him. Having area teams in the ACC also helps. In recruiting you take & use every edge you can get.

As far as to where the ACC tournament should be played, I obviously prefer Louisville but I know that's not happening. If we have to pick one location then I think it should either be NY or DC. If we are keeping a rotation then Greensboro/Charlotte should definitely be in the mix with DC & NY. MSG will always command the stage in NY however. Can Brooklyn match MSG? Perhaps, over time as the ACC tournament proves to be far superior than the BE tournament. The BE at MSG didn't become BE at MSG overnight & neither did the ACC tourney in Greensboro.

Brooklyn to me is like this:

In NYC Baseball there is Yankee Stadium (MSG) and the Mets CitiField (Brooklyn)

Brooklyn is ok but it isn't MSG.

That's true when you compare the stages but what about the actors on the stage? Sooner or later wouldn't the audience choose the show over the stage?

Somewhat...what made MSG awesome was the number of alumni that worked in Manhattan and could make the games. Brooklyn is Brooklyn and a tougher psychological barrier to get there.

The best thing about NYC is you can do other things if your team gets knocked out early...applies to both MSG and Brooklyn.

Other things?
I don't know about you but after 4 basketball games in one day, I ready to go to bed.
Even two games and I am consumed by the tournament. Afternoon games out at 5-5:30, grab a few beers, eat some dinner, get to bed so that I can start all over again.
You do not need to be in a fancy location IF you are there for the Tournament.

LOL I hear you...the quadheader is a drain. What I was saying is if you had a strip of tix and your team goes out early...you can resell the strip and do things in a place like NYC.

I did that for the last F4 I went too...Cuse lost to Michigan in the semis in '13...I sold my final game tix and did touristy stuff in ATL and watch the final game at a sports bar. I made enough money off the Final game tix that it drove the cost of the semis down to about $50. I've been to a Championship game before and it isn't worth the price of the tix unless your team is playing. Just my 2 cents.
03-11-2017 04:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boeheim being Boeheim.....then gets owned by Greensboro - TexanMark - 03-11-2017 04:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.