Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Boeheim being Boeheim.....then gets owned by Greensboro
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: Boeheim being Boeheim.....then gets owned by Greensboro
(03-11-2017 12:18 AM)ClemVegas Wrote:  NC is known for basketball fandom. you obviosly don't know much about the souh and have this weird NYC homerism.

i don't think most people glamorize NYC like you and some others on here do.

I don't think Greensboro is a 'small town'. The Triad is one of the largest MSAs in the country.

i think it is safe to say that Duke, UNC, NC State, and Wake have had more success in basketball than any program in the NYC area. so what is that greater enthusiasm (as you claim) in NYC doing for the programs up there? What is it that the fans are so excited about? do Seton Hall and St Johns lack exposure up there?

if you said there is greater enthusiasm for hockey and lacross up north, that would make sense.

There are stupid posts, and there's this. Paco already posted the heat map of NBA players, so I won't post it again, but do you care to notice where the red is brightest? It's right over NYC, and it's been that way for generations. Do you care to notice where it's least illuminated? Those areas would be literal deserts and the south, and it's been that way for generations.

As for your no dominant NYC teams comment, you're severely misinformed again. Freaking CUNY Manhattan has titleS (or somebody like them - the NYT ran a story on it a couple of days ago. Pratt has a title. Countless other nobody NYC schools have hardware, too. But hey, that was generations ago and we live in a what have you done for me recently world. Well, St. John's was dominant in the 80's, which was roughly when Syracuse came of age (based heavily off of NYC talent). But that was a generation ago. What's happened recently? Well, the success has gone to Syracuse and UConn. Syracuse won the '03 title and has made 2 FF's since and UConn was the most dominant team in the nation between the late 90's and mid teens.

To put things in perspective, the NYC area has had more basketball success than Miami (and the rest of FL) has had football success.

But that's just one metric. Let's look at another: why is there no southern equivalent to the Big East?

And aside from asinine personal attacks, the rest of your post references Greensboro and the surrounding research triangle as being on a similar footing to the biggest city in America.

....nay, the biggest city in America that just do happens to sit squarely in the middle of what's been called a mega city stretching from D.C. to Boston, including Baltimore, Philly, NYC, Provedence, and Hartford along the way.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_megalopolis

I'm sure people the world over would light up when you told them that you hailed from Greensboro, North Carolina ... but try saying that you're from NYC and see what happens. That's a back of the envelope test for relevance. But you lived in NJ for one summer I'm sure you knew that based on your extensive knowledge of the local area, and I'm a homer.

In all seriousness, you very clearly haven't spent much time traveling. I know you said that you worked in NJ for 6 months - I'm guessing it was 2 summer internships back when you were in college, but it doesn't really matter. You're overwhelmingly out of touch w/ the northeast (which is why literally every active northeastern poster disagrees w/ you), and the region is a lot of fun. New York State has the best summers and falls in the world, and although NYC winters are brutal, the lights are brightest in the city, and there's always something to do. It's an experience that doesn't translate via the written form, but the city can be breath taking. The same is true for Boston and much of New England. Grab a lobster tail at Mike's in the North End and walk the freedom trail this summer. You'll be glad that you did (lobster tails are pastries, not literal lobsters).
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 09:47 AM by nzmorange.)
03-11-2017 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boeheim being Boeheim.....then gets owned by Greensboro - nzmorange - 03-11-2017 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.