Bookmark and Share
bctn8n Offline
1st String

I Root For: .
RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight
(11-14-2017 11:16 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 09:36 PM)50Cent Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 09:07 PM)levydl Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 07:39 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Hey, if it's ONLY $2.8 million/yr, why should that hold them back? Just jack up the prices at UDF to cover it. Sick of billionaires running with their hands open to beg money off the public, but pushing for personal tax breaks for themselves behind the scenes.

The way Lindner implied that the city/county owed him for all that his family has done for Cincinnati is obscene. He's an argument for upping the estate tax.

Let’s just be Dayton. Or Lexington.

Cities like Nashville are growing while Cincinnati has shrunk, and the flight out of Hamilton County continues.

Rath, I’m quite sure you didn’t protest the money and tax relief given to gE and other projects in this city. This isn’t the Bengals or the Reds deal. Not even remotely close.

Bengals will be ...should be left to leave in 10 years. Then why will be here? I’ll take this franchise all day over the hapless bengals or reds.

Hopefully they can win the bid with Newport. It’s really a shame that this city and county will miss out on a chance to really add to development of another area of the city other than otr.

The county commissioners will really look minor league-ish and laughable when they propose PBS. Clearly they haven’t followed any of the MLS news of late. Where is aDetroit and Ford Field at in this final 3? PBS plan gives the bids to Nashville and Sacramento. Growing cities with a sport that’s on the rise. nFL and football hit their peak and bengals can’t even fill pbs.

I don’t know why people think a soccer stadium will spur development? It certainly didn’t work for the area around Mapfre. Quite frankly, Oakley is doing fine on its own. A stadium would be nice, but I think FCC likes the area for what it is, not for what it can be.

You can’t possibly be comparing GE incentives to soccer benefits. 2,000 High-paying jobs. Plus GE is already a HUGE presence in this city, and is an important partner with UC on a number of different fronts.

These are not 2000 high paying jobs. Also they only get said tax breaks if they reach 2000 employees which they will not anytime soon with the current state of the company unless they close area offices and bring them to the banks.

11-15-2017 06:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bctn8n - 11-15-2017 06:28 AM
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mlb - 10-07-2018, 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.