Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LU football FBS games - to be updated
Bookmark and Share
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
RE: LU football FBS games - to be updated
The more the merrier. I imagine a lot of schools want what they believe to be an easy win to reach bowl eligibility but our location doesn't hurt. We aren't far from Washington, DC and Virginia has a decent population so there are a lot of potential eyes to watch us whether it is future recruits or future students.

I know a scheduling agreement has been rumored with a potential conference. I think we can easily eliminate the P5 conferences, the AAC, and the Mountain West. I don't think the MAC would be receptive or else they would have invited us to be a football-only member when UMass was football-only.

Of the remaining two, I am not feeling strongly that the Sun Belt would want to help us out but they have schools with the most incentive (in my mind) to have a scheduling agreement with us. They have lower budget schools like ULM who basically sell themselves out and have no home non-conference games and play mostly pay games aside from FCS games. If we played some games at their place and filled up some November games then it's win-win, especially if we paid them a little money to get it done and they wouldn't have to have a "controversial" school like Liberty as a full member. I'm still skeptical after our back and forth with the conference, though their schools have been much more willing to schedule us in all sports as compared to C-USA.

C-USA seems like they'd be much warmer about LU but we've never had much interaction with their schools except ODU when they were transitional. Charlotte was rumored for a Big South football-only membership when they were restarting football and then got an invite to C-USA basically immediately so it never materialized. ODU's AD was on record as wanting another VA school in C-USA so maybe we could fill a small niche by playing them yearly and the rest of the eastern schools in a rotation.

Any conference scheduling agreement seems rather remote and this is completely hypothetical but it's fun to think about. I can see UMass and New Mexico State agreeing to something long term. BYU, Army, and Notre Dame don't seem to be having a problem with schedules.
03-03-2017 09:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LU football FBS games - to be updated - GE and MTS - 03-03-2017 09:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.