Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who is the first school to schedule a game at Liberty?
lance99 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron Zips
RE: Who is the first school to schedule a game at Liberty?
(03-01-2017 11:58 PM)p23570 Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 11:45 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 06:49 PM)p23570 Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 05:02 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(02-18-2017 11:23 AM)p23570 Wrote:  There really needs to be a new division for schools like this. No business playing FBS.

Earlier there were mentions of Liberty being a rich AD. Can anyone shed some light on that claim?

Just curious, why?
IT doesn't seem reasonable to me for schools with AD budgets in the 20's and 30's to be competing with schools who have 180m AD budgets.

I think every school competing at the same level should have a defined path to a championship. The g-5 do not have that yet every other sport in every conference has this. If you win all your games you are champion, except in FBS football.

I'm still waiting to understand why someone said Liberty's AD was so rich.

No offense but that remark is just based on ignorance. Why single out them? Why not just say anyone who does not have a athletic budget 150 million or above should not be FBS?

Furthermore, you seem to forget this is college not the NFL. What should happen is Liberty SHOULD have equal opportunity to compete with schools like Alabama. But $$$ have corrupted something meant for students.
There is no ignorance in my comment. You are just sensitive and can't handle the reality that what I said is true.

Liberty has no business competing at the FBS level because they do not have the $. Furthermore the g-5 is the only league in the entire NCAA where winning all your games does not result in a championship and that is not right IMO. There should be a level for these schools so they can compete for a championship like everyone else in all other collegiate sports.

Not every school has the god given right to compete with alabama, just those with at least somewhat similar resources. That is why we have so many levels of competition for sports like football.

Liberty has no business at this level and is not entitled to anything.

Football has a group of high level FCS schools like the Big Sky and the MAC, USA, and SB who should form a new league.
So by your logic, only one conference should be at that level, got it....

Sent from my Z987 using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 02:54 PM by lance99.)
03-02-2017 02:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the first school to schedule a game at Liberty? - lance99 - 03-02-2017 02:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.