Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How will "Bathroom Bills" impact college sports?
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
RE: How will "Bathroom Bills" impact college sports?
(03-14-2018 11:34 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 02:14 AM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 08:20 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 08:02 PM)Big Frog II Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 07:37 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  According to your link, Texas is in that list. Houston is a state school, so I guess San Diego St can't play Houston on the road if they ever join the AAC's western wing. They can't play us (ECU) or Memphis either if that link means what you are saying.
Cheers!

We haven't passed a bathroom bill yet. The Lt. Gov. wants one, and the Gov. does not. I doubt it passes. We really do not have a bathroom problem, just a politician problem.

The OP wanted a comment on California public schools canceling games in the 4 states that California has identified as a no-go: North Carolina, Tennessee, Kansas and Mississippi, and the "dozen more states" that were in his link. I don't follow this issue, but if this means games will be impacted, like UCLA, USC etc. decide to cancel games vs teams in the states they disagree with on this issue, I would think those 3 would have to leave the conference and go Independent, as all conferences would have a team that is located in states that go another way (against their political beliefs)
Cheers!
People have differing beliefs in different states. Why not respect the laws of each state. California is beyond progressive, but has no right to climb on the political soap box. We are fifty separate states and should respect each other. California doesn't even respect or follow federal law, so I do not hold out much hope.

Its basically the following argument

Mississippi, NC, Tennessee and Texas are arguing that they have the unilateral right to discriminate against LGBT persons. California and NY are saying "the taxpayers are not going to effectively export its residents using taxpayer funded institutions to those jurisdictions so they can be humiliated/discriminated against".

Laws in order to be fair to everyone have to be rooted in fact not fantasy. Just because some guy happens to "feel" like a woman today, doesn't give him the right to use a woman's bathroom. If he does he is discriminating against any females who happen to be there and think they are in a gender segregated space.
Laws can not be based on perceptions and feelings and be fair to all.
03-14-2018 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How will "Bathroom Bills" impact college sports? - XLance - 03-14-2018 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.