Thread Closed 
Should the A-Sun look to expand?
Bookmark and Share
The Cats Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WCU
RE: Should the A-Sun look to expand?
(10-10-2020 11:31 PM)lion1983 Wrote:  
(10-10-2020 09:57 PM)The Cats Wrote:  Why would a SoCon school or a CAA school leave established conferences and move to a start-up ASUN football conference? I see no value to any of those schools to make such a move, certainly not when they have a million $$$ buyout to leave either league. Also, both leagues are much better basketball leagues than the ASUN, so there is no up-side to making a move like that.

Do you just go to places reading one or two excerpts of a conversation and put in your two cents?

Read the article. This is just us talking about an artical...

It dont really matter how good or "established" a conference is (in the CAAs case) if there are major differences and bickering between the schools.

Nobody is saying that anyone from the CAA or SoCon or any conference is going to move to the ASUN, like I said, we are having a conversation about an artical that actually mentioned the ASUN.

If I'm reading more objectively, with info given and a little reading between the lines, I could see the full CAA members booting some of the football affiliate members and pulling in some more southern football members as associates, Like KSU and North Alabama. So in that case, it wouldn't be hard to pull Jacksonville State to the ASUN as number 10 and they play football in the CAA as well.

And no, I dont think that will happen, it's just one take.

Hey, I thought this was a message board. You give your opinion, I give mine. Obviously, you don't like my opinions, but that's fine. I just try to add a bit of reality so some of the posts.

In the last basketball conference RPI rankings (as of 3-10-20)

13 SoCon
14 Sun Belt
15 CAA
16 Ivy League
17 CUSA
18 Big Sky
19 Patriot
20 Metro Atlantic Athletic
21 America East
22 Summit
23 Horizon
24 Big West
25 A-Sun
26 Northeast
27 Big South
28 Western Athletic
29 OVC
30 Southland
31 Southwestern Athletic
32 Mid-Eastern

Why would a SoCon or CAA team drop down to the ASun? I don't know, but just my take......
10-11-2020 01:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Should the A-Sun look to expand? - BLIKNS1 - 07-06-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: Should the A-Sun look to expand? - The Cats - 10-11-2020 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.