TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
RE: Wichita State Release The Findings On Starting Football
(06-29-2016 04:08 PM)SubGod22 Wrote:  
(06-29-2016 02:52 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(06-28-2016 12:38 PM)SubGod22 Wrote:  
(06-28-2016 12:04 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(06-28-2016 11:14 AM)SubGod22 Wrote:  Between Koch, Carney, Ruffin, DeBoer and others I think we could raise quite a bit of what is needed if we can get them on board. There are also a number of corporate types that could invest if they feel that this could benefit them in the long run.

And some of the stadium upgrades could be made over a few years time. I haven't made it all the way through the report yet as I'm still trying to do my job as well, but the summaries I've read I think look promising.

What do you guys really hope to accomplish with FBS football? I mean we both can agree Kansas and Kansas State are very well established and well funded. Yet they can't even field consistently good teams.

KU doesn't care about football. I believe we can pass them in time. KSU cares but they're KSU so who knows. But we can still put a solid program together. Will we ever compete for a national championship? Probably not. But you can say the same thing for about 100 other FBS schools.

What it could accomplish is enrollment growth, more visibility in the region and potentially nationally. More school pride and a better student experience on campus. More involvement and interaction with the community, both business and simply fans. Potentially a better conference for basketball and other sports which would only help all of the above as well. Increased giving to the university both in athletics and academics.

So I guess not a damn thing.

I was not being rude when I asked that by the way was just curious.

I'm not Kansas fan but I would not say there is a single FBS team that does not care about football. Even the worst G5 programs care about how many games they will win each season. I think it has more to do with the fact that Kansas teams are just at a disadvantage in football.

But why I ask is that I hope the majority of WS fans know just what you are getting yourselves into. That all sounds nice but a bad football team can actually cause the opposite to happen.

Again I just ask how?

1. A better basketball conference. What is the plan for football to bring this about? It wont be the AAC or MWC and I would hardly call CUSA or the SBC better than the MVC. If your goal is the MAC they would need to add another team. And at the moment I just don't see why the MAC would put themselves in the position CUSA is in with two many teams.

2. More school pride & visibility. You guys have a very good reputation now...People around the country know of your basketball. FBS and FCS are pretty much rigged to where only schools with special situations will be consistently good. Have you ever wondered why SEC teams, California teams, and teams that have a lot of Texas/Florida/Ohio are consistently the best teams?

Just know what you are wishing for. You are making fun of Kansas but like I said FBS is rigged....Kansas will ALWAYS be making ten times as much money than Wichita, will always have a better schedule, will always have more TV exposure, will always access to better recruits, just because they are in power conference.

This is a system where if you ever have a coach that starts winning Kansas will be there to double his salary and offer the chance to play a big kid schedule.

And yes, Kansas will always make more money and blah blah blah. But if Wichita finds some success and gets into a respectable conference, we can definitely pass them in football. Winning goes a long way and Kansas doesn't win. They'd be lucky to finish middle of the pack in the MVFC I'm sure. If being in a P5 conference was everything, NDSU wouldn't be beating those teams every year. Yes, P5 teams have an advantage in everything because of how the system is rigged as you put it. The networks gift them money and exposure that they deny the rest. But that doesn't mean the rest can't build something successful.

As far as basketball, they can get whatever recruits they want and if we happen to run into them in the tournament again, I'll like our chances of winning that game again.

Again, the only way we ever move up is with football. Without it, there is next to no hope of ever landing in a better conference as those conferences require football. Plus, we really want to be in a conference that has a TX presence as we do a lot of recruiting for students down there. We're currently offering in-state tuition to students in the Tulsa, OKC and DFW metro areas as well. We're working on getting that offer extended to KCMO.

Sorry for the long winded response.

You are okay, and you are the type of person that will help the program grow should it come to pass. I admittedly did not know Wichita was in such a dire situation in terms of conference placement. No one is willing to take you guys as a non football member?

And I apologize if I came off as you can't build a winning program. I was simply trying to make you aware that for a new program it's very challenging. (UTSA, UNCC, South Alabama, Georgia State, UAB) for examples.

I really hate the way this system is but unfortunately for new teams college football is like a 50 year old lady trying to become friends with a group of ladies who have been friends for 40 years. No matter how hard you want to compete there is just no way to really change the fact most FBS programs have been around for over 100 years and they are not just teams. They have become a school tradition.
06-30-2016 08:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wichita State Release The Findings On Starting Football - TrojanCampaign - 06-30-2016 08:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.