Wichita State Release The Findings On Starting Football
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
RE: Wichita State Release The Findings Ob Starting Football
(06-28-2016 05:29 PM)NoDak Wrote:  
(06-28-2016 12:38 PM)SubGod22 Wrote:  
(06-28-2016 12:04 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(06-28-2016 11:14 AM)SubGod22 Wrote:  Between Koch, Carney, Ruffin, DeBoer and others I think we could raise quite a bit of what is needed if we can get them on board. There are also a number of corporate types that could invest if they feel that this could benefit them in the long run.

And some of the stadium upgrades could be made over a few years time. I haven't made it all the way through the report yet as I'm still trying to do my job as well, but the summaries I've read I think look promising.

What do you guys really hope to accomplish with FBS football? I mean we both can agree Kansas and Kansas State are very well established and well funded. Yet they can't even field consistently good teams.

KU doesn't care about football. I believe we can pass them in time. KSU cares but they're KSU so who knows. But we can still put a solid program together. Will we ever compete for a national championship? Probably not. But you can say the same thing for about 100 other FBS schools.

What it could accomplish is enrollment growth, more visibility in the region and potentially nationally. More school pride and a better student experience on campus. More involvement and interaction with the community, both business and simply fans. Potentially a better conference for basketball and other sports which would only help all of the above as well. Increased giving to the university both in athletics and academics.

So I guess not a damn thing.

Where do you think the Shockers will get an FBS invite now? To me, the WSU President is so sure of an invite, that he wouldn't even toy with the idea of FCS.

As stated previously, a new FBS WAC with some Texas FCS teams, NMSU, and some northern Big Sky teams is the possible invitor. After Wichita St gets its football feet on the ground, CUSA or the AAC is possible.

Could the MAC try and go for a pairing?

MAC West: WSU
MAC East: ODU

With the idea it could help the MAC in basketball and baseball. Add two schools that draw in hoops.

Renegotiate the TV contract up for AAC money....04-cheers
06-28-2016 05:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wichita State Release The Findings Ob Starting Football - Kittonhead - 06-28-2016 05:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.