Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018
(07-04-2018 01:02 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(07-04-2018 12:56 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  
(07-04-2018 12:42 PM)T-Mac Wrote:  He's had consecutive great classes. The praise is about his recruiting. Developing talent and converting talent into wins is a different conversation. We're specifically talking about recruiting since that chapter is now closed for any reasonable person. JJ has absolutely killed it on the recruiting trail for two consecutive years now. There's no reasonable argument to the contrary.

Sent from my Pixel XL using CSNbbs mobile app

Inseparable. One without the other has no meaning. Even the experts will tell you recruiting can only be evaluated at some point down the road, when game results start to mount up.

So call me unreasonable, but that chapter is not closed for reasons cited above.
I will agree it appears he's picked up his game, but for me the results are not final.

It doesn't really matter what happens. The goalposts will move...

We were only good bc Freeman feel into our lap
We can't recruit big men
We have to many players leave
We cant recruit shooters
We cant recruit grad transfers
Well, the recruiting is good, but we need to wait and see how they turn out

The goal posts have never moved, except by folks like you, who continually move them to try to find an argument for keeping a coach that has failed to make the tournament after over half a decade.

I am cautiously excited about the recruiting, but the reality is that I have yet to see anything on the court yet that makes me say, "yes, he has turned the corner". Maybe all these guys are as good as advertised and we win the conference this year and make the tournament and then sustain that success going forward, but maybe the guy from LSU is not capable of making an impact, and maybe Dickens can't mesh with JJ, and maybe a couple of the other guys transfer out before they become the studs we expect. None of that would be outside of the norm, so I am going to sit back and wait and see what happens on the court this year.

As for the goalpost? It is still sitting there waiting for JJ to get ODU to the NCAA Tournament. Right where it has always been. Its getting a little rusty, but it isn't going anywhere.
07-05-2018 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018 - odu09 - 05-17-2018, 09:25 AM
RE: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018 - Monarchblue - 07-05-2018 08:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.