johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
RE: D2 Schools As Candidates To Become D1
(09-25-2021 01:41 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(09-25-2021 01:31 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(09-25-2021 10:23 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(09-25-2021 08:48 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(09-25-2021 08:24 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  You list every directional Oklahoma school plus Arkansas Tech. Now that’s a horrible group of schools for the Slummit. Yes, even the Slummit.

Is there a certain point at which we stop saying even the summit?
Four flagship and land grants.
State university's in big cities. ( Omaha is kind of big)
Couple of fancy private schools in big cities. Denver and St Thomas.
And you have two relative embarrassments in oral Roberts and Western Illinois.
They may not be able to play sports worth a damn, but that's not a bad group of universities to be in

He thought I said them all to the Summit. UAFS is a large city that could fit the Summit and is close to Oral Roberts. I said the others to Southland.

UA fort Smith? Does fort Smith strike you as a metropolis on the plane of Kansas City or Omaha?

The metro of Fort Smith is over 250,000. It is bigger than some of the metro of some of the metros in the Summit.

Only the Dakota schools, and probably Western Illinois. WIU is now a Summit outlier. And UAPB is not a flagship or land grant, or comparable to UMKC or UNO, because Fort Smith isn't comparabke to KC or Omaha.

Maybe try UMSL, because Saint Louis is a major league city. Maybe Oklahoma City University, because OKC is in that range. UT-Arlington or UA-Little Rock, but theyre already Division I. (Not sure Little Rock is that big, but it's a state capital so w/e) If there's a school called Nebraska State U, they'd be perfect. I think there's a Minnesota State, but I could be wrong.

That's the profile of the new Summit League.
09-25-2021 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: D2 Schools As Candidates To Become D1 - johnbragg - 09-25-2021 02:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.