Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU Regents say: We're not eliminating football, we're not leaving the MAC
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: EMU Regents say: We're not eliminating football, we're not leaving the MAC
(04-27-2016 01:37 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(04-27-2016 01:34 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  
(04-27-2016 12:49 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  NCAA IS enforcing the attendance rule on EMU.
The rule says tickets sold and they meet it.

I'm fine with that. As long as the board of regents feels willing to approve budgets that include FBS football, EMU ain't my problem.

That needs to be changed to butts in seats.

I wonder how many schools ostensibly have attendance over 15K but really don't if it's butts in seats? In any case I think schools would find ways around it, and if not, they'd probably sue. I don't think it's worth it for the NCAA.

Yeah I totally see the NCAA telling some school that because an ice storm hit before their last home game that being right there at attendance without that game and below with it is going to relegate them.

Beyond that, how do you count butts in seats?
Scanner? No problem walk up with four tickets to scan. Oh we are too honest for that? Fine. I'll walk out and go through again with a different ticket.
Take a high resolution photo? Ok when do you take it and how do you account for the people taking a leak or getting some stupid cotton candy for the kids, how do you account for the Thursday night traffic jam that saw me, Mr. In My Seats One Hour Before Kickoff getting stuck and missing the first quarter.
How do you prevent San Jose State's scam where they closed the cafeteria on campus on Saturday afternoon and evening and anyone wanting to eat with their meal card had to come to the stadium to use it?

Enforcement is basically impossible that's why they ditched it.
04-27-2016 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EMU Regents say: We're not eliminating football, we're not leaving the MAC - arkstfan - 04-27-2016 01:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.