Joined: Dec 2003
I Root For:
I, for one, am very happy with the move to C-USA and I think almost all of the Tulsa fans are, Maybe NN, will miss the Nevada games and the WAC info in his local paper about Tulsa!! :D It makes a lot more sense, to be playing Memphis, Houston and Tulane than SJSU, Boise and Hawaii even though BB games with Fresno and Hawaii over the years were pretty interesting!! There are some WAC teams I would like to see us play whenever we can, La Tech, Boise and maybe Fresno every once in a while!!! At least there won't be any games finishing after midnight, unless UTEP schedules a late game, and the Eastern Press might know we exist a little. Overall, I don't think CUSA loses anything in football, looking at the last 10 years, Louisville hasn't been that great that many years. Marshall, UTEP and Yes, Tulsa more than makes up for them. CUSA lost some really good BB teams so BB won't be as strong, especially to start with, but I think without a doubt, CUSA will consistently get 3 teams, maybe more some years, in the NCAA tourney within just a year or two and make it one of the 7-8 best BB conferences year in and year out, which ain't bad at all. Overall, I think it's the best move Tulsa has made in a long time and I am really looking forward to it!!!!
|07-01-2005 08:30 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
I Root For: Tulsa
Location: Tulsa, OK
It is a great move all the way around.
Who I liked the most.
6) Fresno: Fresno sucks. I like their football program but their basketball program has been dirty than a pigs butt for so long I hope they get the death penalty. -1500 Miles-
5) The Hawaii games were always good and I liked Wallace but staying up until 12:00 or 1:00 to see the games sucked. Even worse, some GREAT games were played out there that no one knew about because of late finishes. Both their football and basketball teams played very dirty!-2800 Miles-
4) SJSU: Talk about worthless and dangerous games. Basketball always on the return trip from Hawaii -1700 Miles-
3) La Tech: They always seemed to be over rated in football and basketball. There fans were pretty good though. -415 Miles-
2) Nevada: Basketball came alive the last two years and football was mediocre. Had a few good fans. -1700 Miles-
1) Boise St: Great football, not too great basketball, and some of the best fans. -1500 Miles-
Over 9600 miles to travel to each of those schools each year in basketball. OUCH!
Only 8294 miles to travel to ALL 11 of the CUSA's schools each year.
East Carolina: 1233
El Paso: 916
Southern Miss: 697
|07-01-2005 02:23 PM