Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

IF I'm reading the NCAA bylaws right, new conference takes 8 yrs to earn autobid
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
RE: IF I'm reading the NCAA bylaws right, a new conference can never EARN an autobid
(01-29-2016 07:37 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(01-29-2016 07:29 PM)NoDak Wrote:  The same rules existed when the New Big East split off from the old Big East (American).

As best I can tell, we got a waiver. I'm not sure, but I think the "WAC rule" was in effect, that an existing conference had to keep existing for "continuity" but a new group was just a new group.

Quote:Exactly the same situation except CUSA does not meet the criteria until 2021. In CUSA, an existing continuity core does not exist as it did for the C7.

The old PAC could break off today, leaving the PAC12, and both haves would have an autobid.

Continuity matters within the conference for a split off of seven members for a new conference. Continuity doesn't matter for an old conference to retain it's bid.

You're saying that. I'm saying that you're wrong. I've posted a link to the current rules, and quotes from the current rules. Do you have anything to support what you're saying?

(It's possible that I'm missing something in the rules, and that you're right. But I don't think so. They seem to have changed the rules for new conferences from 6-schools-for-5-years to "screw you, buddy.")

The new Big East did not get a waiver. The existing rules allowed it.

SJ, Providence, Vill, Georgetown, SH, Marq, and DePaul met the continuity requirement. Seven school eight years. Case closed.

If Villanova had moved to FBS and stayed with the American side that would have screwed the remaining C6.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016 07:53 PM by NoDak.)
01-29-2016 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF I'm reading the NCAA bylaws right, a new conference can never EARN an autobid - NoDak - 01-29-2016 07:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.