Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Idiotic statement by Falwell Jr. dooms Liberty to FCS forever
Bookmark and Share
LUOrange Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LU & Syracuse
RE: Idiotic statement by Falwell Jr. dooms Liberty to FCS forever
[/quote]
LUO, we disagree on statements that Jr. made having an impact. The debated topics on this board, and in numerous team sites, has predominately been about LU and the how LU is perceived by it's peers. As much as LU fans have beaten the drum on facilities, FOCA, attendance and financial resources, that has not allowed LU to achieve FBS. LU's challenge is to be accepted by a small group of college prez and athletic departments to achieve FBS. There is no mention in what I just said that in any way states LU should compromise it's values.

Even though you and others agree with Jr.'s statements, Sun Belt, Conference USA, and MAC presidents likely don't. They are probably shaking their heads in wonderment at the statements, and Sun Belt prez are likely saying what a wise decision it was not to invite LU. The colossal mistake Jr. made seems to have been an off the cuff comment. While many agree with his political/Muslin/terrorism stance, the statement was a gaff and again set LU back in being accepted by it's peers into the FBS club. Does anyone actually think LU gained anything from this in it's FBS quest? If so, expound the point as I don't see it.

This post is about a gaff that Jr. made that effects LU's desire to go FBS. To bring other factors into the discussion only confuses the topic at hand. Justifications and political correctness clutter the FBS discussion. And thanks for your public service as a law enforcement official. And thanks to my mother-in-law that every year buys me briefs for Christmas, not panties.
[/quote]
You're the one that brought up all the liberal-whining-drivel that matched alot of the nonsense from the SBC Board that "confused the topic at hand." I will accept your back-pedal that it was a gaffe, and that Jr. probably should'nt have made his statement or at least had it prepared so it would be a little harder to misconstrue (as if the media and politicians wouldn't twist it anyway). Again, in my opinion, this doesn't help or hurt our 1-A chances. The SBA, MAC & CUSA know who we are and who Jr. is.

Let me just add, as a Syracuse native and fan. The many stupid, liberal, and political correct positions taken by SU hasn't stopped me from supporting Orangemen Athletics.
12-08-2015 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idiotic statement by Falwell Jr. dooms Liberty to FCS forever - LUOrange - 12-08-2015 08:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.