Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Recruiting: 2017
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

I Root For: .ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
RE: 2017 Old Dominion Football Recruiting Den
(02-04-2017 07:56 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 07:09 PM)ODU Oldtimer Wrote:  Just a little overview of this years football recruiting class and our future ability to get better recruits.

IMO, I believe this class is underrated. There are several recruits that ODU was able to ink that have been outstanding for their respective high schools and ODU was fortunate to be able to entice them to join Monarch Nation. I really believe at this time in our history ODU is not in a position to overtly influence many high level recruits to commit to Old Dominion. The positives that the University is able to sell at this time is slight in comparison to many schools that have been playing football forever. To be able to recruit at a higher level will take a few monumental events for Old Dominion to be able to bring these young men to Norfolk. I do think that as we move forward into the future Old Dominion will have a few carrots that they can dangle in front of these High School players, especially local kids that we will be able to motivate and excite them to be a part of our future and share the pride to become a Monarch.

1) After the new stadium is complete, I truly believe this will be one of the more critical issues to impact future recruiting, especially for local recruits.

2). ODU's future opponents and a strong schedule will be a very attractive incentive for many young players that have not been recruited by ACC schools.

3). Continued success on the field and a few big wins will be paramount moving forward. Continued bowl invites and winning.

4) Bobby Wilders infections excitement for the program sells not only the players but the family members as well.

5). Old Dominions location near the beach and fairly moderate climate. I also believe local players will want to stay closer to home and give family members an opportunity to watch them play and be a more active part of their future and success. A glistening beautiful new stadium again will be a selling factor for players to want to stay home and that could start to snowball.

Back to this years recruiting class.

I again believe we will red shirt the majority of this incoming class but I really like a few of these new players and think we will see 5,6 or 7 from this group become starters or see playing time and be a big part of the 2017 teams success.

Potential starters or contributors for the 2017-18 season.

1). Keisean Wilson (Waldorf, MD) ILB 6-2 230, had 17 offers from FBS schools and stayed true to his commitment. This young man has great size and is fast. In his Jr. year he had 130 tackles. The two years before his Sr. year he had 89 unassisted tackles. He had 101 total tackles and 27 quarterback hurries, two forced fumbles, an interception and seven sacks this year.

Anyone of the 5 guys below could be contributors for 2017-18

2a). Marcus Haynes Fork Union Military Academy WDE 6-4 220
2b). James Valle Burtonsville, MD WDE 6-4 215
2c). Cameron Muller Columbia, SC OT 6-4 305
2d). Jack Miller Richmond, VA OT 6-7 240
2e). Elijah Rivers Fort Union Military Academy OG 6-5 280

I think any of the below could also see playing time next year......

3a). Deandre Woods Vanderbilt - Pinson, AL WR 6' 3' 210 The Vanderbilt TRANSFER had a terrific HS career, but injuries while at Vanderbilt limited his playing time. Potentially this young man may step in and be the perfect replacement for Pascal. Again time will tell.

Or it may be ......

3b). Amari Colbert Warner Robins, GA WR 6-3 194 Three year totals Receiving Yards 2347 / Average Receiving Yards 19.1 / Catches 123 / Total TDs 29
We will need a another WR to to replace Zach Pascal and be a big contributor along with the returning group this could be the guy.

4a). Jordan Hoy Fullerton College DUAL 6-1 200
Personally I think Hoy will be the starter, but time will tell. I believe he is quick on his feet and very elusive and MAY BE the guy. I must admit I also like the young man from Washington DC

4b). Steven Williams Jr. Washington, DC PRO 6-2 190
He would be a true freshman if he gets the nod. Both have great film. I love the fact that they will all be pushing each other for that starting role for next years team.

5). I think Casey Perkins Smyrna, TN RB 5-11 205 will red shirt because of the group we have returning, but could work his way into a role this year on the depth chart.

Just my 2 cent in regards to this class.

I'll be watching Janaz Jordan with great interest. Bethel used him as a running back @ 6' 3" and 300 lbs. He has to have amazing athletic ability. Plus VPI recruited him pretty hard from what I can gather. He may play this year.

Agree, I think he will be in play as well and potentially could contribute as a true Freshman. As I said this is a very under rated class and there will be many a player from this group that will have good careers at Old Dominion.

I'm not sure but I think there may be a player or two that we are still looking at and the staff is working on that may end up as Monarch(s) before all is said and done.
02-04-2017 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Football Recruiting: 2017 - Big Bluezilla - 06-19-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: 2017 Old Dominion Football Recruiting Den - ODU Oldtimer - 02-04-2017 08:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.